PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So what happened to Matt Judon?

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
This isn’t to pile up on him or anything. But something had to have happened with the guy. He went from unstoppable one half of the season to invisible the next. Just a bizarre fall off.

Injury related? I remember he got dinged up in the first Buffalo matchup. It also noticeably seems like that was when his play started to decline.

Really hope he can get back to form next year. You basically saw the pass rush for what it was once he stopped being effective.

Could be injuries...but as I mentioned in another thread, I see he's getting held more and the zebras are keeping the flags in their pockets. It's the Chandler Jones treatment, the Gronk treatment, and I'm not sure there's a cure for it.

I have no answers but on Offense we have Mac to get excited about. Half way through the year I thought he was a building block piece on the D. Hopefully that's still true but I'm not so sure. Might be the most disappointing part of the last month.

If I had to guess if it’s his body or something going on between his ears, I’d pick the latter.

He appears to be dogging it.

If I had to guess if it’s his body or something going on between his ears, I’d pick the latter.

He appears to be dogging it.
He said all the right things in the postgame presser. I don’t think BB would send him to the podium if he thought he was dogging it like the prior Ravens high profile free agent.

Covid Fog?
I hope so or maybe dealing with an injury but he hasn’t had any impact in weeks, last night he looked like he was going 50 percent and he doesn’t even try to set the edge which Bill insists on. So it will be interesting to see the relationship between the two moving forward.

He played great when Barmore was starting. Faded when crappy Godchaux kept starting.

Not surprised they got destroyed by benching Judon and thinking a middle of Godchaux and Bentley wasn't going to get its a-s kicked all game long. As if giving up 275 yards, 220 yards, 195 rushing yards wasn't enough evidence prior.

Team went 1-4 to end the year. The staff around BB is rotten.

He played only 22 snaps last night.

People run around him like he's hurt.

This wasn't the same player the first half of the year.
I think hes injured, but the defense as a whole dropped of during the last third of the season. I think this has been the case for the last three years. The D plays great for the first two thirds to three fourths of the season then it seems to get worn down and ineffective.

maybe he's a front runner. who knows. maybe he's hurt. maybe he quit when the going got tough in big games down the stretch. in the end he made a big impact until Thanksgiving, after that he was a liability on the field and made zero plays.

He played great when Barmore was starting. Faded when crappy Godchaux kept starting.

Not surprised they got destroyed by benching Judon and thinking a middle of Godchaux and Bentley wasn't going to get its a-s kicked all game long. As if giving up 275 yards, 220 yards, 195 rushing yards wasn't enough evidence prior.

Team went 1-4 to end the year. The staff around BB is rotten.
I love Barmore, but from my understanding, he's a much better pass rusher than run stopper (that's not to say Godchaux is a better run stopper, as I don't know).

Hoping it was some kind of ailment. This team needs him and barmore to build around

hopefully it is an injury, and not that he didn't buy into the BB system

Supposed rib injury + Covid (if symptomatic) doesn't sound like the greatest combination. Excited for the guy to heal up and play next season.

However, Chris [Mason] was still curious about Judon’s rib issue, which led to the following challenge.
“Ice, massage, I mean, let me hit you in your ribs, Chris,” Judon said, smiling. “Then we’ll figure how you do it and then you can write a great story on it.”

I think hes injured, but the defense as a whole dropped of during the last third of the season. I think this has been the case for the last three years. The D plays great for the first two thirds to three fourths of the season then it seems to get worn down and ineffective.
I'd dispute the defense dropping off. They proved with Jax that they could still crush cupcakes late in the year. Outside of the Chargers game, they just couldn't at any point in the season contain a good, reasonably healthy offense when the weather wasn't favorable defensively (Dallas, Indy, Buf2, and Buf3).

I'd dispute the defense dropping off. They proved with Jax that they could still crush cupcakes late in the year. Outside of the Chargers game, they just couldn't at any point in the season contain a good, reasonably healthy offense when the weather wasn't favorable defensively (Dallas, Indy, Buf2, and Buf3).
So your saying they sucked from the start ?

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back