PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So what happened to Matt Judon?

I thought there was some business decisions made on Jackson's part and then I was reading Andrew Callahan's film review on the Boston herald site and he said the same. There was a couple runs down the stretch where he seemed to shy away from contact and just jog toward the ball and he never has been that way in the past. No diving, just not a full effort.

Nothing egregious but didn't look like the guy we saw the last couple years.

https://twitter.com/Sports_24x7_/status/1482534672580198401

Tough to tell. The effort on the Giardi one was not good at all but he was pretty much out of the play.

The whole team just gets pushed back 2-3 yards constantly....

Real bad night for Barmore vs the run and he wasn't great vs the run anyways but I assume he was not close to 100%

Tough to tell. The effort on the Giardi one was not good at all but he was pretty much out of the play.

The whole team just gets pushed back 2-3 yards constantly....

Real bad night for Barmore vs the run and he wasn't great vs the run anyways but I assume he was not close to 100%
Yeah nothing glaring but he just looked a little disinterested once the Bill had the game in hand. That combined with the fact that he got torched a few times he may have just checked out and started imagining how to spend the money.

Yeah nothing glaring but he just looked a little disinterested once the Bill had the game in hand. That combined with the fact that he got torched a few times he may have just checked out and started imagining how to spend the money.
I really don't want to think (nor do I think) he lallygagged once the score got out of hand but I gotta think as a man who came from a dirt poor, crime-striken hellhole who busted his ass for 4 years and now on the cusp of having more money he'll ever need.....and all he needs to do is stay healthy?

I get it.

You'll forgive me for not taking KVN's word for it. You want a guy who was FREE-LANCING, look at KVN. Numerous people pointed out how HE was freelancing at the beginning of the season. His Freelancing had a huge hand in the Pats losing the Dallas game. So, him "not commenting" on Judon while he was doing whatever the hell he wanted was more of protecting his own ass, imho.

I also think it was far fetched that JC took most of the Play-off game off.
Isnt it a custom practice inside the Pats that players can not criticize teammates publically? I saw the KVN clip, sounds more he was just joking around and "no comment" is the best "critic" he can give without being scolded

Im pretty sure there is a video or something... maybe it was report... In any case I remember that there is a infamous case of BB going at it at a Defensive player (I think it was Seymour... it was a big time name here, thats for sure) saying "You arent a coach, do your f* job and let us do ours"

More than paraphrasing of course

Last edited:
Judon was never the same after he came back from Covid. That could be either mental or physical. And lots of rumors of a rib injury as well - he sure looked stiff in the last game.

Later in the year he also got more attention from the defense. Finally as injuries mounted in the secondary, the LBs had to drop into coverage a lot more, and so it became much harder to pressure the QB, particularly a mobile one like Allen.

I dunno. In 2019 he averaged 49 snaps a game and 2020 40. This year was 52.

It's a lot of snaps. Not sure if its too much for him.

I think he was hurt which contributed to his drop in play.
I think halfway through the season his snaps were very high, he was they're most effective pass rusher. I not sure, but i think he missed a game or two, because of injury. That and a lingering injury would lower his overall average of plays.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back