PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So what happened to Matt Judon?

At the beginning of the year, barmore was getting double teamed a lot! The protections left judon with single coverage and he had a career year early in the year.

barmore hurt his knee and teams started using single blockers on him and started sliding the protections to deal with judon!

judon got injured at some point! It became noticeable early in the colts game and was never the same for the rest of the year.

The lack of anything resembling another pass rusher killed us.

At the beginning of the year, barmore was getting double teamed a lot! The protections left judon with single coverage and he had a career year early in the year.

barmore hurt his knee and teams started using single blockers on him and started sliding the protections to deal with judon!

judon got injured at some point! It became noticeable early in the colts game and was never the same for the rest of the year.

The lack of anything resembling another pass rusher killed us.
Also, Uche is on I/R and Wino was inactivated last night....

Idk, but it's a shame. He was an absolute stud in the early half of the season. Then a complete non factor down the stretch. Maybe he was hurt, but I swear to god at times he looked like he wasn't even trying.

So your saying they sucked from the start ?
I'm just pointing out how they fared in the games where A) they faced a competent offense not blown up by injuries, and B) the weather wasn't a factor that assisted defense. That would be the Cowboys, Chargers, Colts, Buffalo (2nd), and Buffalo (WC) games.

You can judge for yourself how the team performed defensively in those games. For what it's worth they lost 4 of those 5 games, forcing a total of 3 punts in the 4 losses.

Last edited:
It isn't as much some sort of injury that he has, as much as it is him not buying into the program. Bedard has spoke about it at lengths- I've seen the same problems that he has: overpursuing, not playing within schemes (i.e, containing Allen and not letting him run loose).

One of 3 possibilities:

- I'vealreadyreachedmyincentives-itis;

- Ratbird Stank;

- Once a Murderer-Worshipper, always a Murderer-Worshipper.

Matty Judon = the next Afailus Thomas?

So what happened to Matt Judon?​

giphy.gif

Also, Uche is on I/R and Wino was inactivated last night....
UCHE was activated off the IR on 12/25. He also played against the Bills last night, though it wasn't much.

As far as the holding goes, how much of that was on rip moves? I wonder if teams are just getting hip to the fact that you can always hold someone if they rely on rip moves.

That's the only thing I can come up with other than injury, and tbh I'm leaning more towards injury.

Ironically, Slater praised the conditioning staff at the end of the game, saying he didn't feel 36, but more like 32, 33. Of course, Slater and Judon play two totally different positions lol.

It was a long season, and the end of the stretch had them against some very, very physical teams.

Judon is cool as hell, and this team all seems to really like one another (judging off IG posts and such). Hopefully, they come hungry next year. Really, I just want them to put the Bills in a blender. And I think they can. This is a team whose defense held a pretty scary offense in form of the Bucs to a low score. We'll see, and I'm remaining hopeful.

Judon is great. Obviously injured the way he was moving.

I'm guessing he was injured, from all I've seen and heard it doesn't seem like he is a slacker.

Tend to give him the benefit of the doubt so far. OK, you cant believe everything that is said but from what I have seen he does not come across as a slacker or only there to take the money...next season will give us more.

I think hes hurt.

The injury he had vs BUF on Monday night was a lot worse than they are letting on.
He better be injured. I don’t like the ramifications if he is not.

My opinion is he wasn’t. If you are active on game day you can play. He didn’t start at the beginning of the playoff game and didn’t start in the second half. Played only 22 snaps all game. If he was so injured that you didn’t start your best pass rusher in either half of a playoff game and played him less than half the snaps why having active?

In my opinion he was benched at the end of the year because he stop buying into what the coaches were telling him.

Jackson implication in the game also was in my opinion awful you could clearly see the guy didn’t want to get injured in the game because he was 60 minutes away from free agency. He didn’t want to give it all for this team.

Last edited:
Supposed rib injury + Covid (if symptomatic) doesn't sound like the greatest combination. Excited for the guy to heal up and play next season.

However, Chris [Mason] was still curious about Judon’s rib issue, which led to the following challenge.
“Ice, massage, I mean, let me hit you in your ribs, Chris,” Judon said, smiling. “Then we’ll figure how you do it and then you can write a great story on it.”
I mean if the injury was that bad, Covid was the perfect excuse to sit him against Jacksonville and let him rest. Judon never appeared on the injury report at the end of the year

It isn't as much some sort of injury that he has, as much as it is him not buying into the program. Bedard has spoke about it at lengths- I've seen the same problems that he has: overpursuing, not playing within schemes (i.e, containing Allen and not letting him run loose).

Yep there was also a podcast this year between Chris Long and KVN where Chris at some point was implying that Judon was freelancing and asking KVN if it was the case and KVN answered with: no comment.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes