PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So, sup with Hightower?

IMO if Hightower lost 10 - 15 Lbs then he would be reasonably quick enough to be productive in 2022. In fact I believe all older LB should do the same.
they should get on the TB12 plan and play forever

I wud buy him two drinks....

One for the Lynch stop in SB49 prior to the Butler interception...that was a HUGE play.

Second one for the Matty Ice strip sack....that was a pivotal play.

Great Patriot......

I'd even get him a third one for having 2 sacks and just being generally active in one of the best defensive Super Bowls ever (53). Hightower basically made big plays in all three SB's he played in. Talented, tough, clutch, leader.

Hightower is really one of the most unique players in this league. Very under-appreciated on a whole.

I love looking at body types / aesthetics, he's one of the more unique body types we have. DE / OLB size but can play LB. Not many guys like him around.

Hightower is really one of the most unique players in this league. Very under-appreciated on a whole.

I love looking at body types / aesthetics, he's one of the more unique body types we have. DE / OLB size but can play LB. Not many guys like him around.
Unicorn. Once his brain/vision adapted to the NFL he became one of the hardest defenders to stop.

Many of games he would make grown olinemen and TEs look like rag dolls. One of my favs all time.

I wud buy him two drinks....

One for the Lynch stop in SB49 prior to the Butler interception...that was a HUGE play.

Second one for the Matty Ice strip sack....that was a pivotal play.

Great Patriot......
He also shut down the Rams Run game in the super bowl and gave their oline fits all game.

Also during their first game as pros...vs the Titans... Chandler Jones strip Sack which lead to hightower scooping and scoring a TD was one of the coolest moments. Rookies..first Rd picks ..first game. Can't write it much better.

Mr February. Another all time great Patriot player. Unfortunately I think that he’s done as a player, he will retire soon. It would take an exceptional off-season program for him to get to the level needed to be a good player again this season, and if you are undecided it’s hard to commit that kind of effort to getting there.

Unicorn. Once his brain/vision adapted to the NFL he became one of the hardest defenders to stop.

Many of games he would make grown olinemen and TEs look like rag dolls. One of my favs all time.
His hands were always heavy and active! He'd lay his shoulder into IOL and just rock then. He was a bull on the field. I always think about if he ended up on the Steelers (rumored to love him) & Ravens bc I think he would have got more pass rush opportunities.

If gamepass wasn't terrible I'd have A22 highlights of him, Gronk, Brady. I'm still playing on doing it this year but that product is so bad to use its crazy. I walked away from it last year bc it was so bad. I have to use a VPN through the UK to use it this year lol. Really don't get how the NFL F'd this up this bad. Fingers crossed.

He's one of my All-time favorite Patriots, not sure if it was the playcalling, or his age last year, but it wasn't his best.... obviously.

I would love to see him back but in a different role. People don’t understand how good and versatile Hightower has been and how much his versatility has made the defense go.
He absolutely could have been a perennial probowl player if put in a Willie McGinest role and left there. But his versatility and the value he brought by playing multiple roles within the defense were too valuable. He has played every role and LB can play, often within the same game.
It’s truly sad that ignorant fans are bagging on him after a down year after being away from football for a 19 months.

I would love to see him back playing solely on the edge and playing about 70% of the snaps.
He would be clearly better than Trey Flowers in that role and for some reason people clamor for Flowers and trash Zeus. Sad.

Also during their first game as pros...vs the Titans... Chandler Jones strip Sack which lead to hightower scooping and scoring a TD was one of the coolest moments. Rookies..first Rd picks ..first game. Can't write it much better.

I absolutely still remember that very play...

I also remember thinking aloud at the Bears Den that maybe our defense won't actually suck as much this year as it has the previous 3 years...

I would love to see him back but in a different role. People don’t understand how good and versatile Hightower has been and how much his versatility has made the defense go.
He absolutely could have been a perennial probowl player if put in a Willie McGinest role and left there. But his versatility and the value he brought by playing multiple roles within the defense were too valuable. He has played every role and LB can play, often within the same game.
It’s truly sad that ignorant fans are bagging on him after a down year after being away from football for a 19 months.

I would love to see him back playing solely on the edge and playing about 70% of the snaps.
He would be clearly better than Trey Flowers in that role and for some reason people clamor for Flowers and trash Zeus. Sad.

He had an entire year to R & R, so he should've played last season as if his hair were on fire; he instead played as if his feet were in cement.

Trey Flowers is trying to rehab a bad knee, otherwise he would be the Clearly superior option... Hightower's simply too old & slow now.

He had an entire year to R & R, so he should've played last season as if his hair were on fire; he instead played as if his feet were in cement.

Trey Flowers is trying to rehab a bad knee, otherwise he would be the Clearly superior option... Hightower's simply too old & slow now.
Being away from football is a negative not a positive.

Being away from football is a negative not a positive.

If HT was working himself into football shape while shaking off the rust, then why didn't he improve as the season went on?

I always thought HT was an underrated pass rusher. He rushed early in his career but then Bill just took away those opportunities for some odd reason.

I always thought HT was an underrated pass rusher. He rushed early in his career but then Bill just took away those opportunities for some odd reason.
Not for some odd reason, but because he was more valuable in a multiple role.

Not really an odd reason..he's too valuable in multiples areas to exclusively devote him to one role. He impacted the game in many ways...a majority of which gets no glory. He is an absolute war daddy. He could also in spots cover at his size and physicality. Most importantly he understood what Belichick wanted out of the core/rock of his defense. He had the brain to be the green dot while being the most physical/unique athletes on the field.

Not for some odd reason, but because he was more valuable in a multiple role.

Not really an odd reason..he's too valuable in multiples areas to exclusively devote him to one role. He impacted the game in many ways...a majority of which gets no glory. He is an absolute war daddy. He could also in spots cover at his size and physicality. Most importantly he understood what Belichick wanted out of the core/rock of his defense. He had the brain to be the green dot while being the most physical/unique athletes on the field.

Yeah he was one of those rare birds who could be your MLB for one play and one of your DEs for another one... He could also A-Gap blitz with the best of them...

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back