PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So is OCHO gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pats have plenty of Cap room to keep 85 for one more year.

Not having an offseason really hurt him a lot.
Can buy a pass rusher for 6 million thats a need too.

bah....doesn't mean they will......they could have had pass rushers in the 2nd round the last few years which would have been insignificant salary wise, but they decided they needed non-factors like darius butler, ron brace, ras-I-dowling, and ben vereeen

The real question is.....was Ocho ever really here?

bah....doesn't mean they will......they could have had pass rushers in the 2nd round the last few years which would have been insignificant salary wise, but they decided they needed non-factors like darius butler, ron brace, ras-I-dowling, and ben vereeen
I know, i couldn't believe they didn't take any, i was in shock. But then again its been a need ro five years and its the same way every year. Thats why i said Buy.

Last edited:
I will make this one observation. After Ocho's catch, the entire field opened up for Brady. The Giants Team had another threat on the field, and the coverage was not as tight. OCHO should have been out there more, and should have been able to compete at some point this year.

If our offense is so complex, than I fear we have gotten too cute for our own good.

I will make this one observation. After Ocho's catch, the entire field opened up for Brady. The Giants Team had another threat on the field, and the coverage was not as tight. OCHO should have been out there more, and should have been able to compete at some point this year.

If our offense is so complex, than I fear we have gotten too cute for our own good.

Your post sound like you are blaming the team, but Ocho is the one I saw taking himself out. He taps out all the time. Don't know if he wants to even be here anymore. I think he feels people did not want help him here and will not put any blame on himself.

I hope that there is a huge turnover on the roster. Ocho needs to go and I am afraid Branch too.

How about an OC that understands that you need a running game. The Pats are 0-2 in the sb when they play the Chuck and duck style of football.

I know, i couldn't believe they didn't take any, i was in shock. But then again its been a need ro five years and its the same way every year. Thats why i said Buy.

Watch year 6 of groundhog day live out this April

Bank on this come April Draft 2012...
1. one of the first rounder will be traded for future picks
2. 2 B/C grade DB's selected
3. Another TE
4. A D lineman
5. A WR selected in 3-6 Round that will ride the team bus for 2 yrs and then cut
6. Return of Tiquan
7. Return of the 8million human turnstyle Guard called Logan Abusedkins

Another WR or 2 from FA that will not be able to figure out the cryptic
chinese lingo on offense.

Your post sound like you are blaming the team, but Ocho is the one I saw taking himself out. He taps out all the time. Don't know if he wants to even be here anymore. I think he feels people did not want help him here and will not put any blame on himself.

He's part of a rotation, which is deemed by the coaching staff, he is only in certain packages. He isn't tapping out, he's getting off the field as he's not in the next package of plays.

I wonder why BB kept him on the roster. He did absolutely nothing all season and 1 reception in the Super Bowl. Gone.

He should've been cut after the first few games. 6 million?

hahahaha About as I expected.

I don't think Ocho is quite as shallow as his fanbase, but maybe he is. He's not a guy football players want to go to war with, in any offense. He can have the money, even though he didn't earn it. Except of course for teaching a HOF coach and a naive fan base an important football lesson. He's not the first self absorbed diva to hitch a ride to a Super Bowl on the Belichick Express. Just hope he's the last.

If there is a silver lining to the evening it's that he'll be gone soon and take you with him. Hope you like the VH-1 message board because reality TV beckons, for a while...until no one cares about a self promoter anymore once he loses his stage.

And your stage is a message board. I think Ocho is winning! LMAO $6Million times over! LOL.

Unless he takes a paycut I don't see how he can be back.

The guy simply doesnt get it, why would you waste your time on him?

If Ocho is cut now, not cutting him earlier would make less sense...even though it already makes negative sense. Restructure/sign him for between a mil or two/year. He has the talent. I don't believe a human being can be that daft.

As much as i wanted to see Chad do well for us its time for him to move on. 6million is far too much to pay someone who has no impact on the field. Hes a great guy but his best football is behind him.

Depends on the Branch situation. If Branch is gone, we might keep Ocho for depth. I don't know the salary implications if we cut him at this point. One thing for sure is that we need a legit outside receiver who defenses will have to respect. Too many times defenses just sat in the short/middle intermediate part of the field because they didn't respect the deep ball. If we are to fully maximize our two TEs, getting someone who'll stretch the field and open up room for them is critical. Whether its Brandon Lloyd or a draft pick, we need someone out there.

One good thing to note is that when Lloyd and McD were out in Denver, the offense they ran utilized the deep pass. It'll be interesting to see what McD will do with our offenses, specifically our young RBs.

I think he's here for at least the beginning of next season. To see if he can get it during OTA's (if he shows up), training camp, & pre-season. If not then, see ya Chad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back