PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So glad we didn't take Manziel...

Status
Not open for further replies.
After Winston gets drafted and runs his course as a green bean Manziel will be brought in as a FA .... and on and on it will go for the green bean circus.

NFL.com Facebook page has gotten far beyond ridiculous with this stuff "He went out there and made everything come to life."

Believe it or not, that was actually a quote from one of the players on the Browns.

This is why BB isn't enamored of the overly-mobile QB, especially the smaller kind. He's OK with them taking off on occasion, but he doesn't want one that's going to run 10–15 or more snaps a game.

And for good reason.

The QBs who are gunslingers but can scramble if/when they need to such as Luck, Rodgers, Romo, Roethlisberger (to a lesser degree) have all had a good amount of success. Their primary option is to throw the ball, and they only run, scramble, or move around in the pocket when necessary.

The QBs who do the opposite such as Cam Newton, RGIII, Geno Smith, Teddy Bridgewater, even that bum JaMarcus Russel etc haven't had much success at all aside from maybe one gimmick season.

I suppose that Russell Wilson is the one exception to this rule right now. Time will tell as to how Johnny Manziel does.

EDIT: I just realized that all of the QBs in my first grouping were white, while all of the QBs in my second grouping were black. This was merely a coincidence, as my point had nothing to do with race whatsoever.

"With the first pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select..."

One can only hope.

Winston would be a perfect fit for that dysfunctional franchise.

I seriously doubt that there was ever any risk of the Patriots drafting Manzeil. Somehow, I just don't see Belichick giving a high grade to an alcoholic QB.

If there's any truth whatsoever to the leaked scouting report, they absolutely hated him.

Of course, we just don't know whether that report was fictional or not; but if it wasn't, it was a fairly believable knockoff.

I simply do not understand the excessive hype with this idiot.

I am 100% convinced that he/his PR team/family is paying off media members and networks for all the extra coverage

He used to have Steve smith and Brandon lafell and still wasn't that great. I don't know if he will ever take the next step
Brandon LaFell now and then look like 2 different players. Tom and Rodgers are probably the 2 only quarterbacks that really elevate the receiving core around them. That isn't even a great core of receiving options. If you only have 2 viable receiving options(I'm being very generous towards the Carolina LaFell) and your name isn't Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers you aren't going to get much done offensively.

Brandon LaFell now and then look like 2 different players.

If you look at LaFell's numbers right now vs. last year, they are almost identical in number of targets, catches, yardage, and even TDs.

The difference of course, is that he has Tom Brady throwing to him, so he's reached his production from 2013 in only 75 percent of the time with 4 games to go still. That seems pretty reasonable to me when you have an actual QB.

2013 (Carolina) 49 catches on 85 targets for 12.8 YPC and 5 TDs

2014 (N.England) 53 catches on 86 targets for 13.4 YPC and 7 TDs

LaFell, while underused and still coming into his own at CAR was a high round draft pick with size who showed improvement in every year since coming into the NFL. My guess is that he'll continue to see more targets and production in future years.

He used to have Steve smith and Brandon lafell and still wasn't that great. I don't know if he will ever take the next step

Don't forget Greg Olsen as well. Very underrated TE

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye