PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So are we Broncos and Bills rooters this weekend?

True, they lost to KC 34-28. That was Wilson's best game of the season (247/3/1/100.1). Didn't watch the game but looks like Wilson got injured with 10 min left in 4th Qtr? Mahomes threw 3 picks in that game. It would be great if they can pull off an upset against them.
If he didn't smash his head into the turf they had a very good chance of winning that game.

Assuming a win against the Dolphins, I'm hoping at the very least for the scenario that gets the Pats in at 8-9. That would require a lot... (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Raiders to lose at least one game
Steelers to lose at least one game
Jags have to beat Ten Wk 18, if not Jags have to lose Week 17 against Texans.
Jets lose to the Seahawks Wk 17
Dolphins lose to the Jets Wk 18

For some reason the above seems more possible than the Pats beating the Bills right now. I'm... sortof... kidding.

Giants currently have the record for worst team record to win the SB. Sure the Pats have <1% of doing that this season, but I'll root for it, nonetheless.

Assuming a win against the Dolphins, I'm hoping at the very least for the scenario that gets the Pats in at 8-9. That would require a lot... (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Raiders to lose at least one game
Steelers to lose at least one game
Jags have to beat Ten Wk 18, if not Jags have to lose Week 17 against Texans.
Jets lose to the Seahawks Wk 17
Dolphins lose to the Jets Wk 18

For some reason the above seems more possible than the Pats beating the Bills right now. I'm... sortof... kidding.
Yes, individually they all seem achievable but what are the odds they ALL happen? I'm thinking the Jets beating MIA is the one least likely.

Because Vegas is in the pacific time zone, the home game vs KC has to be at 425 pm on January 8th. The NFL will undoubtedly have Buffalo & Cincinnati hosting NE/Bal respectively at the same time. That is to avoid a potential scenario where KC would rest starters knowing A) They have the 1 seed locked up B) They are 2/3 seed and can't move up or down. It's all about ratings. The SNF game on 8th will likely be Titans/Jags for the south.

Cincinnati has to win out in order to get the 1 seed. While having KC drop a game. Cincinnati could beat Buffalo on the 2nd, yet still end up as a WC. This would include Buf & KC winning the finales, Baltimore beating Pittsburgh, and then Baltimore beating Cincinnati. Baltimore would jump to the 3 seed.

Cincinnati clinches the 3 seed at minimum if they win & Baltimore loses this Sunday. To be the 2 seed, Cincinnati would win out. While KC wins out. Buffalo would then drop to the 3 seed.

Buffalo clinches the 1 seed by winning out. Or, Beating Cincinnati and losing to NE. KC then drops one more game. Buffalo is assured the 2 seed at minimum if they win next Monday.

KC is the 3 seed if Cin wins out & Buf wins in week 17. While they drop one more game.

Cincinnati will beat Buffalo imo. KC will destroy Denver. Leaving Buffalo needing help to get the 2 seed at minimum in week 18.

I don't see a scenario where Buffalo is resting starters in week 18.

Mahomes has never played a road playoff game. In all likelihood, he will start his career by playing at least 11 straight home games. I don't think this has happened before.
I think Buffalo beats the Bengals. Bills are a better team all around and Allen seems to play his best football in playoff games (this is like a playoff game with a lot at stake).

I could be wrong but if I had to bet, my money is on the Bills to win.

I think Buffalo beats the Bengals. Bills are a better team all around and Allen seems to play his best football in playoff games (this is like a playoff game with a lot at stake).

I could be wrong but if I had to bet, my money is on the Bills to win.
I suppose we want the Bills to lose to the Bengals so perhaps they're feeling a little dejected and off rhythm. It's better than them riding a 7-game winning streak and knowing just beat us and they're probably going to the Super Bowl (and winning it).

I can't take the negativity on this board anymore. I think I'll join a Jets board to get more optimism.
The key to happiness - lowering your expectations to such a level that you have none.

Turn this into a poll and give me a "Roto killed a guy" option! :haha:

I suppose we want the Bills to lose to the Bengals so perhaps they're feeling a little dejected and off rhythm. It's better than them riding a 7-game winning streak and knowing just beat us and they're probably going to the Super Bowl (and winning it).

I don't want them to lose, because I can never count on a KC loss to advance my agenda, which is ABKC: Anyone But KC... And that starts with their NOT having the #1 seed At All Costs, including hoping the Billdos beat the F & Fs on Week 18 if it has to come down to that.

Nope. **** the Bills.

It's probably better they beat the Bengals and hope Denver somehow beats KC so the Bills rest some starters against us. If they lose to the Bengals the Bills will still be playing for #1 or #2 seed.

We have a good chance to beat Miami with no Tua and that puts us in the 7 spot. Even though were not gonna do anything if we make the playoffs, I would still love an extra game.

The cancellation of the Bills/Cincy game threw a monkey wrench into the gears but below is how I see it shaking out.

The key game for the Pats if we lose vs the Bills is the Cleveland at Pitt game. If Pitt wins that game then they get in ahead of us. The other losses I think we need are Miami and Tennessee, both without QBs.

AFC
1. Chiefs 14-3
2. Bills 13-3
3. Cincy 12-4
4. Jags 9-8
5. Bolts 11-6
6. Rats 10-7
7. Pats 8-9
Miami, NJ, Clev and Pitt also at 8-9

NFC
1. Philly 14-3
2. 49ers 13-4
3. Minny 13-4
4. TBay 9-8
5. Dallas 13-4
6. Giants 9-7-1 (who says that ties don't count?)
7. Packers 9-8
Seattle also at 9-8

All I know is that the Bills are probably going to get boned out of the #1 seed on top of seeing one of their guys almost die.

All I know is that the Bills are probably going to get boned out of the #1 seed on top of seeing one of their guys almost die.
Anything to help out State Farm boy.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back