PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So are we Broncos and Bills rooters this weekend?

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
i don't think i'm wrong about this but lets go with this possibility....

The Chiefs somehow lose to Denver this weekend and the Bills beat the Bengals ......

if this should happen then the Bills would have a 1 game lead for the top seed and would clinch the conference since they beat KC earlier in the season head to head - should that happen that would bring up a distinct possibility that the Bills would then have the option to rest all or some of their starters in the finale against New England...

now if the bills had it wrapped up before the last game do you think they would sit all or most of their starters thereby giving the Pats a better chance to win that game or would they just play a meaningless game full strength just to slam the door on this team that dominated the division all those years?....

in either regards I guess we have to hope this team beats a Tua-less QB Dolphins and at the same time root for the Bills to win against Cincy and the Broncos to beat KC ...... i think this is right lol

Of course its more likely one and done once January rolls around but to see this team get in the tournament would probably be the biggest shocker since 2001 but everything has to go right for that.

Last edited:
This season was about the growth of our team, and especially our QB. An epic fail. Last year was 1 step forward in the rebuild, this year is 10 steps back. Now we are supposed to pin our playoff hopes on Denver beating KC? Good luck with that.

At the risk of being a bit of a snowflake, it kind of bugs me that people are essentially mocking threads created to discuss playoff odds/scenarios.

There are plenty of other places to discuss how this season has transpired, the coaching and personnel decisions that were made, the on-field product, the offensive struggles, the quarterback situation, future prospects, etc.

Like, the season isn't over yet, literally or in terms of postseason opportunities. Meaningful games are still being played, arguably none more meaningful than the one coming up this Sunday against the Dolphins. Fans should be able to remain engaged with the season and postseason chances - as it is happening - without having their conversations interrupted by people telling them it's all pointless because the team sucks.

Yes, the offense has been really bad and there has to be some degree of urgency to right the ship. One can acknowledge that reality and simultaneously continue to stay involved with the season as it's happening. It's not one or the other.

The fact of the matter is that their ultimate goal is still in front of them, no matter how unlikely or improbable it seems.

Because Vegas is in the pacific time zone, the home game vs KC has to be at 425 pm on January 8th. The NFL will undoubtedly have Buffalo & Cincinnati hosting NE/Bal respectively at the same time. That is to avoid a potential scenario where KC would rest starters knowing A) They have the 1 seed locked up B) They are 2/3 seed and can't move up or down. It's all about ratings. The SNF game on 8th will likely be Titans/Jags for the south.

Cincinnati has to win out in order to get the 1 seed. While having KC drop a game. Cincinnati could beat Buffalo on the 2nd, yet still end up as a WC. This would include Buf & KC winning the finales, Baltimore beating Pittsburgh, and then Baltimore beating Cincinnati. Baltimore would jump to the 3 seed.

Cincinnati clinches the 3 seed at minimum if they win & Baltimore loses this Sunday. To be the 2 seed, Cincinnati would win out. While KC wins out. Buffalo would then drop to the 3 seed.

Buffalo clinches the 1 seed by winning out. Or, Beating Cincinnati and losing to NE. KC then drops one more game. Buffalo is assured the 2 seed at minimum if they win next Monday.

KC is the 3 seed if Cin wins out & Buf wins in week 17. While they drop one more game.

Cincinnati will beat Buffalo imo. KC will destroy Denver. Leaving Buffalo needing help to get the 2 seed at minimum in week 18.

I don't see a scenario where Buffalo is resting starters in week 18.

Mahomes has never played a road playoff game. In all likelihood, he will start his career by playing at least 11 straight home games. I don't think this has happened before.

Last edited:
Because Vegas is in the pacific time zone, the home game vs KC has to be at 425 pm on January 8th. The NFL will undoubtedly have Buffalo & Cincinnati hosting NE/Bal respectively at the same time. That is to avoid a potential scenario where KC would rest starters knowing A) They have the 1 seed locked up B) They are 2/3 seed and can't move up or down. It's all about ratings. The SNF game on 8th will likely be Titans/Jags for the south.

Cincinnati has to win out in order to get the 1 seed. While having KC drop a game. Cincinnati could beat Buffalo on the 2nd, yet still end up as a WC. This would include Buf & KC winning the finales, Baltimore beating Pittsburgh, and then Baltimore beating Cincinnati. Baltimore would jump to the 3 seed.

Cincinnati clinches the 3 seed at minimum if they win & Baltimore loses this Sunday. To be the 2 seed, Cincinnati would win out. While KC wins out. Buffalo would then drop to the 3 seed.

Buffalo clinches the 1 seed by winning out. Or, Beating Cincinnati and losing to NE. KC then drops one more game. Buffalo is assured the 2 seed at minimum if they win next Monday.

KC is the 3 seed if Cin wins out & Buf wins in week 17. While they drop one more game.

Cincinnati will beat Buffalo imo. KC will destroy Denver. Leaving Buffalo needing help to get the 2 seed at minimum in week 18.

I don't see a scenario where Buffalo is resting starters in week 18.

Mahomes has never played a road playoff game. In all likelihood, he will start his career by playing at least 11 straight home games. I don't think this has happened before.
bc hes maHomes boi

That would be the ideal situation, but like other posters have said, can't see this happening.

KC is not losing to a coachless Denver but nice dream.

Although I don't think it is going to happen, I give the Broncos more of a chance now with Hackett fired than I did if he was still coaching the team. We see it all the time when a team fires their coach, the team many times has an initial boost and plays well for a short period of time. The Colts did that when they fired Frank Reich.

If the Broncos were playing a lesser team that wasn't fighting for HFA, I might even bet on them this weekend. But the valley between KC and the Broncos is so great that even a post Hackett boost is most likely not enough to give them even a puncher's chance.

Although I don't think it is going to happen, I give the Broncos more of a chance now with Hackett fired than I did if he was still coaching the team. We see it all the time when a team fires their coach, the team many times has an initial boost and plays well for a short period of time. The Colts did that when they fired Frank Reich.

If the Broncos were playing a lesser team that wasn't fighting for HFA, I might even bet on them this weekend. But the valley between KC and the Broncos is so great that even a post Hackett boost is most likely not enough to give them even a puncher's chance.
Talking about the Colts, they did beat the Chiefs. Hmmm

Donks usually play them tough. Hopefully the new coach with nothing to lose comes up with an aggressive game plan. Maybe they score in the 20's for a change.

The Chiefs somehow lose to Denver this weekend
This is crazy talk... like way, way off the deep end. Even the Patriots have a better chance of beating the Bills in week 18.

Fcuk that, give me the Bills at full strength and let's beat them. I'd rather give their starters a few bruises as they go into the playoffs than play against back-ups and have a "cheap" victory. Let's see what these boys are made of. Did we learn anything yet from playing them the last few times? Or are we just stuck in neutral? I absolutely hate this defeated attitude by fans. Some people call it reality, which is nonsense, this is just entertainment and fun, for me it is way more entertaining to believe in my team regardless of the circumstances. We've all seen enough instances over the years where a team is deemed a long shot only to see things go a different way. I hold on to those instances and see the Patriots doing the same. I really don't care if I am right or wrong, a homer or whatnot, it is just the way i enjoy the pre-game talk and the game itself. So, give me Josh Allen and his minions and we will shut them down and silence the critics. LFG!!

Donks usually play them tough. Hopefully the new coach with nothing to lose comes up with an aggressive game plan. Maybe they score in the 20's for a change.
True, they lost to KC 34-28. That was Wilson's best game of the season (247/3/1/100.1). Didn't watch the game but looks like Wilson got injured with 10 min left in 4th Qtr? Mahomes threw 3 picks in that game. It would be great if they can pull off an upset against them.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back