PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Snaps for young guys

Curious why you faithfully accepted clearly absurd information.
A 215lb NFL linebacker?
To be fair, Telvin Smith was barely 220 when he was drafted in 2014:

The larger point however, for me at least, is that Terez Hall - who could still possibly have a role here as an outside, run-&-chase linebacker - has no business whatsoever playing an inside/middle, stack-&-shed 'backer like he attempted so unsuccessfully to do...That should be Jennings' role here moving forward, with Uche & Phillips/Hall on the Outside.

Last edited:
Personally, I think that it is good to see whether Bryant or Hall have a future with the team. As Belichick has said, the rookies just aren't ready to be major players.

The good news for 2021 is that we will have 2 top rookie LB prospects that have been with the system for a year.

Personally, I think that it is good to see whether Bryant or Hall have a future with the team. As Belichick has said, the rookies just aren't ready to be major players.

The good news for 2021 is that we will have 2 top rookie LB prospects that have been with the system for a year.
Yeah the same way Harry, and JoeJuan have really launched into the stratosphere in their second year.

Yeah the same way Harry, and JoeJuan have really launched into the stratosphere in their second year.

Have some cheese with your whine.

Williams had done all that Belichick needed him to do this year (and last). We have reason to complain about a lot, but NOT the personnel, future, or play of the secondary.

Have some cheese with your whine.

Williams had done all that Belichick needed him to do this year (and last). We have reason to complain about a lot, but NOT the personnel, future, or play of the secondary.
Yes a healthy scratch half of last season, an offseason arrest, a career average of 12% for snaps per game, and a whopping 10 career tackles with two pass defensed. No reason to complain about that. No reason to worry about the secondary as a whole. You're right. The McCourty's look like spring chickens out there, our best corner has his house on the market, was the subject of trade rumors and hasn't played since, our second round pick safety can't even get on the field to return kicks, our projected new number one corner has been getting torched and will still need to get paid, but hey, no need to complain.

Too many details cluttering up the discourse here. Who cares what division a guy played in as a teenager? This year is now entirely about NEXT year and the years immediately thereafter. Cam will be gone (thankfully). It doesn't make a d---d bit of difference how well he plays, except that if he accidently plays like a pro QB and the team stumbles onto a win, that could weaken the team's draft options. Winning is not necesarily a good thing at this point. If some newbie at QB or elsewhere has a great game and contributes to a win, you have learned something. If some known quantity contributes to a win, you've learned nothing new. A game won through Cam's efforts (or any other vet's) means nothing except a weaker draft. Try Stidham, try whomever: learn something. Ditto for Harris, Meyers, any number of other younger or new players. Play them. Find out. The year is over anyway: make that a plus.

As for the GM, I'd like to see the Krafts press the GM to give up the job, keeping the head coaching gig. If Bill squabbles - and I hope he doesn't though I think he will - then I guess we have to start over again in that department as well. I think he's declining anyway, to be honest, both as a GM and as a head coach. It happens...to everybody (with the possible exception of Super Tommy, recent stinkers notwithstanding). The Krafts might press a little too on the actual quality of Bill's kids as coaches. To my eye, they look very much like part of the problem.

I've been a Pats fan since the early 60's. I've seen them rise from c--p before. No reason they can't do so again. But there's a lot of shoveling to be done first. Time to find out who on the roster, and in the coaching ranks, is shovel-ready.

Uche barely playing after flashing against the Bills is nonsense.

Winovich not being a fulltime player is nonsense. He has the highest run stop % out of any pats EDGE player & nearly double that of Simon who offers next to nothing in the pass rushing department.

Throw in Meyers WR4 to start the season, JJ Taylor banished & Jason McCourty playing it hasn’t been Bill’s finest coaching job IMO.
Well said....love JJ and where the bleep is Wino?! Uche may just be too far behind because of his injuries...but really...what do we have to lose? He should be in there more....and Jason Mccourty should be at the bus stop

Not sure I understand the whining about Winovich not getting enough snaps last week.. 31 out of 46 seems to be on par for DE's..

Consider # snaps for Wise (36) and Simon (35).. Winovich was used in that rotation.

Duggar went into that game listed as questionable with an ankle injury..

This weeks injury report does not look all that good...

Not sure I understand the whining about Winovich not getting enough snaps last week.. 31 out of 46 seems to be on par for DE's..

Consider # snaps for Wise (36) and Simon (35).. Winovich was used in that rotation.

Duggar went into that game listed as questionable with an ankle injury..

This weeks injury report does not look all that good...

No one is "whining" about last week. People wanted to know where he was the previous weeks.

No one is "whining" about last week. People wanted to know where he was the previous weeks.
Could have had to do with lack of effort in practice, or mistakes in previous games.. some fans need to cast doubt on BB as if he does not want his best players on the field.. that has never been my experience..

Not all that confident that you will ever "know" where he was and why those decisions were made.. unlike Arians he will not air dirty Pats laundry to pander to the press..

Uche barely playing after flashing against the Bills is nonsense.

Winovich not being a fulltime player is nonsense. He has the highest run stop % out of any pats EDGE player & nearly double that of Simon who offers next to nothing in the pass rushing department.

Throw in Meyers WR4 to start the season, JJ Taylor banished & Jason McCourty playing it hasn’t been Bill’s finest coaching job IMO.

BB's mantra always seems to be "play guys who know their assignments even though they are so restricted physically they're going to be almost useless" as opposed to "play the physically talented guys who don't know what they're doing and could end up being useless".

Unless Bill is actually trying to lose, then giving straight trash like Terry Brooks (& earlier Chete Copeland) any snaps on defense ahead of the rookies & SloJuan (& Cody Davis) makes No Sense Whatsoever.

Play the kids Bill...All of them...

Love to see Duggar and Uche getting some snaps. Glad Bill went with our best athletes last night.

Love this quote from Wino:
At first, you kind of resist the rain in a sense, where it’s like, ‘Okay, I’m going to try to stay dry,’ make sure I can stay dry enough that I can tackle and your shoes don’t get soaking wet.' But after a while, after enough rain, it’s just a matter of taking the approach of — ‘This is exactly how I want it to go, I want it to pour, I want it to be freezing cold.’ And if you take that attitude and your opponent doesn’t, that gives you an edge.”

Uche getting more reps and Duggar played quite a bit.

Dugger playing all those snaps was part of the problem.
Yeah kind of a "be careful what you wish for" thing right now but I would still rather see if he can play and know if there is something to work with for next year. He looks good against the run but he is a liability in pass coverage right now. Hopefully more playing time gets him more comfortable against the pass.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back