PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SMY: Pats, Lloyd close to deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by zipster9
So, if Lloyd is so good, and he played for Rams, last year, why isn't Rams trying to keep Lloyd?

I thought a few weeks ago they said they would like to keep him and he came out and said he'd like to keep playing for the Rams, leads me to believe hes coming here and the details havent been ironed out yet.

This is by far you worst analysis of the year.

I doubt very much if Condon is even consulted with regard to Lloyd on a daily basis. Condon is the head of a sports agency. There are several agents. I strongly suspect that Condon is not even working on Lloyd. He has his quarterbacks to consider.

I have been a negotiator on many contracts (not sports contracts). I assure you that Condon has much more time devoted to the Manning contract than 3 phone calls a day.
You might consider what his likely cut will be. Condon (as any agent or agency) will allocate its resources based on probable return and urgency.

Isn't Condon also the agent for Smith and Brees?

How does the worst analysis of the year turn out to be correct?
Does that make your disagreement with my analysis the worst worst analysis of the year? How does that work?

My objection was your suggestion that Condon was handling the Manning negotiations with 3 phone calls per day.

How does the worst analysis of the year turn out to be correct?
Does that make your disagreement with my analysis the worst worst analysis of the year? How does that work?

My objection was your suggestion that Condon was handling the Manning negotiations with 3 phone calls per day.

You copied my comment that said Brandon Lloyd cared more about Brandon Lloyd than Peyton Manning.
And the basis of my opinion was that Condon would not tell Lloyd he has to wait to find a deal until he is done working on Mannings deal.
Surely you didn't think my 'analysis' was revolving around a facetious comment about how many phone calls he took.
The point was I took the stance that Llloyd would not be put aside and not have representation because Manning was more important.
Its OK to actually admit your insult to me was wrong after it was proven so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes