PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Slater not signed - Meets with Steelers (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, Slater leaving would be something I had not expected. But, I thought DA would be back, so what do I know ?

I think Slater has been nothing short of exceptional while with NE when you consider (1) effort (2) attitude (3) desire (4) winning.

The irony is the people on here who have **** on Slater forever will now freak out over the chance he might not be back...

Who has **** on Slater? Send em my way I'll fight them.

The armchair GM's who ***** about his waste of a roster spot, he's not a true WR, etc.

Would love to see a Old Takes Exposed person on here to expose some of the posters on here. Would be a full time job...

He strikes me as a coach waiting to happen.

The irony is the people on here who have **** on Slater forever will now freak out over the chance he might not be back...
For special teams? I can understand for wr because he is not that good of a wr, but he is a great special teams maven.

When it's your turn, it's your turn.

Bill traded Vrabel and Mankins, and let Wilfork walk. It's the way it goes.

He could have wanted to do the same to Brady but Brady’s business partners stepped in

Oh man, I was hoping Slater would be a lifer.

He never contributed much in other phases of the game, and hes on the back end of his career, but it's hardly a stretch to say he's one of the two best special teams coverage players of all-time alongside Steve Tasker.

The proof is in that one game where Rex Ryan declined to use a punt returner and instead triple teamed Slater with blockers on every punt, figuring a favorable bounce wpuld be better than Slater careening down the field at them, and Slater still beat his guys downfield more often than not. I don't think that has ever happened in a game before because of a gunner.

He could have wanted to do the same to Brady but Brady’s business partners stepped in

Perhaps. But I still would have taken Brady over Jimmy.

Everyone looks at this as a longevity thing. Jimmy could play another 10 years while Brady might have 2 or 3 left.

But Jimmy may never have an MVP season like Brady just did. He may never go to the Super Bowl again. Rodgers and Brees have only been to one. The current top 4 highest-paid QBs haven't even won a single playoff game...combined.

Brady had an incredible season, and hopefully we can get 2 or 3 more like that. Jimmy will be good, maybe even great, but there's no guarantee he'll ever play a single season to the level that Brady has reached.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes