PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Skip Shameless' Take on BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsBoy12

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I didn't see this posted. I apologize if it's a repost. Oh, and it's nothing we haven't heard from Skip before regarding BB.

Skip Bayless On Bill Belichick: 'I Don't Think He's A Great Coach'

skip.jpg

Last edited:
Meh...it's more that he's in love with Brady than he's trying knock BB. Skip is Brady's ultimate fan boy, and he's made many other loud pundits look dumb over the years by always picking TB12 and usually being right.

Mods please change title to: Scripted TV show actor says something showrunners and writers deemed procative enough to fuel today's click quota.

I love it. Which one is it? Today it's "Belichick isn't a great coach, he got lucky to be handed a great quarterback. He'd be nothing without Tom Brady." Tomorrow it'll be "Tom Brady isn't a great quarterback. He'd be nothing without Bill Belichick's system. If he didn't have a great coach he'd be mediocre at best."

As someone said in another mediot thread, this SB win has these fools' heads twisting like Linda Blair in The Exorcist. I love it.

He's been saying too many positive things about the Pats since the SB. Time to change it up for more ratings. People were bored with his Brady/Pat's ass kissing. Nobody is gonna keep watching if you continuously rave about the Pat's greatness. Need something controversial to say to peak the haters/morons interest. He's been doing that for 30+ years. You can pretty much predict when he was gonna do something like this. Where's the fake shocked face emoji ?

BB is a great coach. That being said I would say he is no doubt helped by the complete incompetence of most of the other head coaches in the NFL. We are in one of the weakest coaching eras in NFL history and I think that is partly due to coaches working longer hours than they use to and us demanding more from them.

A lot just can't seem to manage the game or see the obvious when it is right in front of their faces. Andy Reid is a great example. Good coach in a lot of ways but can't manage the game and is scared to take risk when he should. Dan Quin? No situational awareness. Mike Tomlin? Are you kidding me with this zone blitz crap? Just a lot of dumb guys.

There are a few good coaches in the NFL like Arians, Harbaugh, Carroll, Payton and they have had hiccups at times but so has BB IMO.

The question is where would BB be without Brady? I can't say for sure but certainly he would not be looked at the same way. Brady not only has been a great QB for years but he has played for cheap and he is the reason BB has been able to do much of what he has from a GM perspective.

In my mind it was never close. Players play and Brady alone wins more championships than BB alone. Maybe BB gets one. Brady would get at least 2-3.

However name me the great coach in the salary cap era that ever won multiple championships without a good to great QB. I certainly don't know of one. Coughlin won 2 with Eli but he is at least a legit franchise guy as much as we rip on him.

Mods: Please ban all "mediot" opinion threads. In the past 24 hours, we have been subjected to the musings of Shannon Sharpe, Max Kellerman, and Skip Bayless.
I seriously question the state of mind of anyone who looks for validation from these life forms.
Get a puppy.
Do a charitable act
Go outside
Chalk Brady's name on your side walk

Mods: Please ban all "mediot" opinion threads. In the past 24 hours, we have been subjected to the musings of Shannon Sharpe, Max Kellerman, and Skip Bayless.
I seriously question the state of mind of anyone who looks for validation from these life forms.
Get a puppy.
Do a charitable act
Go outside

lighten-up-francis-o.gif

"Lighten up, Francis." :)

I also wanted to say that BB and TB are two inseparable GOATs in my mind.

I have no doubt that BB would have got at least two Lombardi's without Tom. Maybe more?? He would have coached up whoever he had. Tom helped him over the top though with 5, nearly 7, and possibly 1-2 to come. Would BB be considered the GOAT coach with only 3 or even 4 SBs? Don't know.

But likewise TB would never have been the GOAT QB without BB. Does everyone not remember WHO TB was spending all that time with watching film as a rookie???? Sure he had drive and determination. But do you honestly believe that the Tomlin's Martz's and Fisher's of the NYJFL would have taught TB how to read defenses, the value of taking a sack, etc etc

TB also only plays on ONE THIRD of the team. DEFENSE and ST have scored almost as many points as TB in several of our /his SB wins. How does TB get credit for that and BB none, THAT's INSANE!

He's been saying too many positive things about the Pats since the SB. Time to change it up for more ratings. People were bored with his Brady/Pat's ass kissing. Nobody is gonna keep watching if you continuously rave about the Pat's greatness. Need something controversial to say to peak the haters/morons interest. He's been doing that for 30+ years. You can pretty much predict when he was gonna do something like this. Where's the fake shocked face emoji ?

IMHO the coverage of football would be better off if it went back to the old days and spent time showing us what makes any team successful, not telling us.

Imagine if these dipsticks, some of whom played the pro game, were to use film to show what happened during games? I would enjoy that a heck of a lot more than listening (well, turning off) the gasbags that have taken over.

Oh how I long for the good old days when Len and Nick would spend 45 minutes of each hour showing and talking about the games, and not themselves.

I've so gotten to the point that I couldn't care less about these hot takes from talking heads saying over the top things to get viewers, clicks, and eyeballs. I don't get why anyone would care.

I clicked it and I'll save everyone the trouble.

If you listen to any "Belichick is overrated" argument from an uninformed fan then you'll know what Skip said. He can't be great because was not a good coach in Cleveland (which is wrong), and he was 5-11 without Brady in 2000 and 0-2 in 2001, blah blah blah.

Skip is long on record as being pro Parcells and anti-Belichick so it's not surprising.

Get a puppy.
Do a charitable act
Go outside
Lol I was just passing it along. I stopped caring about other people's opinions on the Pats years ago. Lol

Here's some advice for ya - Skip Skip. You'll feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News