PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Six months after SB win, what little thing sticks in your memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The studies I posted are the closest you’re going to get to statistical proof. They wouldn’t have been published by psychologists if there wasn’t statistical significance in the data they collected. Ever been “in the flow?” Either at work, in sport, or somehow in your daily day-to-day? That’s momentum. In management and leadership, you want to give your constituents tasks that, while difficult, they can achieve. This increases levels of self-efficacy and gets them “in the flow.” That statement was quantified by research by Kouzes and Posner. That same mindset has utility in sports as well. You perform difficult tasks well as an athlete (put together drives, turn the offense over, etc), and you increase your flow. You begin to execute without thinking. That’s momentum.

I have definitely been "in the flow". And I have performed exceptionally under those circumstances at times.

But that's not the only factor. You also have to ask how the opponents are doing. If they've gotten "in the flow" as well after a big play has gone against them (and I've seen and experienced this often over the years), then they can have just as much chance of making the next big play as you do. Perhaps more.

There's a lot to factor in. Personally, I go with the oft-quoted truth that momentum is tomorrow's starting pitcher. :)

Not sure if this was mentioned, but I'll never forget the monster block from Develin to open up the hole for Playstation on the lone TD.

Not sure if this was mentioned, but I'll never forget the monster block from Develin to open up the hole for Playstation on the lone TD.
He might be the best run blocking fullback in the league right now. I watched a bit of Kyle Juczyck and he looks like a running back trying to block.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye