PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ANNOUNCEMENT Site Supporters - Thread Post Preview (UPDATED 3/1/23)

Hey @Hyped, this has been updated ;)

Who's this available for?

Reactions: Ian
Who's this available for?
It was initially going to be a mod tool to scan threads a little easier, but it was cool enough where I opened it up as an extra perk for people who have donated. Previously, the only additional technical addition was that you can move the top news block down to the bottom, which makes the board a little cleaner, especially on a phone. So I added this to the mix.

Now, you can flip to whatever page in a thread you want and then just scroll down and the posts continue to load all the way through instead of being limited to 20 at a time, which is the current limit in threads. Sort of like how the Twitter feed works. Each time you reach the end, another set of posts will load automatically.

Where can we submit a donation?

Where can we submit a donation?
This is the other available option for people who have donated. :)

Open the slideout menu and you can toggle the top billboard and move it to the bottom if you'd like:

1675131323204.png

After you check/uncheck the box, the change will be in effect on the next page refresh.

Quick note - as we're a few pages into this. Just to reiterate:

I added something on the mod side the last couple of days to be able to scan posts in a thread faster and I've opened it up to supporting members since there have only been some limited perks on upgraded accounts.

You can view those here - as I don't really bring it up because I'm not big on soliciting for them, but I did want to add something to thank the people who do chip in:

View attachment 49103

As for the feature itself, if you look at the thread list on the main page, hit the little binoculars symbol next to the link. It will open up a slideout-sidebar where you can view every post in the thread, and you can sort them by oldest -> newest, etc.

1673559409478.png

It loads 8 posts at a time and then loads the next group when you reach the bottom, so just wait a half-second (depending on your connection) for those to load.

You'll see tweaks continue being done (user tags, some other odds, and ends), I got through a bunch last night but I'll continue working on it. Otherwise, after a couple of days of testing, I'm opening it up to the people in that group.

Let me know if you run into anything, and again, as I said in the first post: thank you so much to those who have chipped in - and have continued to chip in - and help out. Given the current state of things, it definitely helps keep the lights on and the bill paid each month. I truly appreciate it. :cool:
I'm sure it's somewhere....but I can't seem to find where to disable auto-donation.

I'm sure it's somewhere....but I can't seem to find where to disable auto-donation.
No worries, I just cancelled it but it looks like you're good until next February anyway :)

Also, on the links thing, it pulls them from the main board and not the Pub, that’s the reason for the discrepancy. It also doesn’t see links that get converted to a media tag, which is the other challenge, but wanted to let you know as I remember you asking about it. But clearly, I appreciate all you do and have done all these years. Can’t be said enough ;)

Quick Update 3/1/23: This was previously not working after a change apparently broke the page flip/auto-scroll function. It's been corrected, and the icon also now appears in the top discussion bar to allow a one-click ability to scan a subforum thread to make things a little easier. ;)

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back