PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sign the beast - Ed Reed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me his address and I’m gonna pick him up myself!

OK. Ed Reed is SO right that the proper way to coach players is not to abuse them but to teach them. If they're not doing what they're supposed to be doing it's either because they're not capable or because they don't respond to coaching. Then get someone else.

But, Mr Reed, if you're serious about working for BB, you made your first mistake: don't reach out through the media. (BB would take Ed Reed's call anywhere any time, I promise you.)

OK. Ed Reed is SO right that the proper way to coach players is not to abuse them but to teach them. If they're not doing what they're supposed to be doing it's either because they're not capable or because they don't respond to coaching. Then get someone else.

But, Mr Reed, if you're serious about working for BB, you made your first mistake: don't reach out through the media. (BB would take Ed Reed's call anywhere any time, I promise you.)

Um, somehow I don't think Bill is going to take offense to a HOFer indicting to the press that he wants to coach for him....:rolleyes: Bill has gushed over Reed numerous times over his career.

Last edited:

One of the greatest videos out there.

For all i known, Reed also is a student of the game.

BRING HIM IN. Imagine this for 2025 and beyond:
HC - McDaniels
OC - Brady
DC - Reed

I mean, i dont even know if itd work but heck i want it now!

Reed really wants to coach, i'd love to see him on the patriots staff. Ive heard BB say how much he respects Reed so i could see this happening. They're both going to be at the HOF today

HC - McDaniels
OC - Brady
DC - Reed

I'd prefer TB still plays in 2025.

Ravens fans would come unglued

Ed could learn a thing or 2 from Mcourty

HC - McDaniels
OC - Brady
DC - Reed

Brady would be a fantastic OC but I think he wouldn't thrive with an offensive HC above him. The Coordinator who works the field the HC specializes in (in BB's case, defense) tends to be something of an apprentice.

Brady as OC behind a defensive HC would probably be fantastic.

I honestly think McDaniels is going to go to another team to HC when Belichick moves on. But then I've been loud in proclaiming that Steve Belichick is being groomed to take over for his old man and could wind up as our DC as early as 2 years from now.

Ed Reed on our defensive staff? I honestly don't know where he'd go right now, but I'm all for it.

The fact that it would make Baltimore apoplectic is just a bonus. Hell, the fact that he expressed a desire to coach only under Belichick so publicly is almost good enough.

Work for it Ed.
Dabbling as a coach for 6 months then walking away for 3 years doesn't exactly scream "commitment" to a new vocation.
PS......did he really think a Wrecks Ryan work environment was going to be a supportive and compassionate think tank? Didn't he watch Hard Knocks?
I do hope Ed had the foresight to conceal his toes when mingling with Coach Creeper

Ravens fans would come unglued

I love it.

If it happened today it would be the second biggest insult Baltimorons had in one week.

HC - McDaniels
OC - Brady
DC - Reed

i love how Brady is teaching Belichick in this one...

i love how Brady is teaching Belichick in this one...

I loved that A Football Life doc of BB in the 2009 season (not aired until a season or two later). But let’s face it, everyone in those scenes were exceptionally aware of the cameras. Don’t forget, even when it aired Reed was still in his prime as a defensive terror. There was some gamesmanship in that too. No doubt he was probably the best S of his generation but I’m not sold that BB ever really cares to discuss the route tree the week before a game that deeply with Brady. Seriously on the mic’d ups you never see BB talking with the O squad - only with the D. In 20 years as Pats HC I haven’t seen it - good contest to put out there though - can someone come up with a clip showing BB during a game on the sidelines coaching up a group of more than 3 on the O? (Other than breaking up the Brady-OBrien fight in 2011).

I loved that A Football Life doc of BB in the 2009 season (not aired until a season or two later). But let’s face it, everyone in those scenes were exceptionally aware of the cameras. Don’t forget, even when it aired Reed was still in his prime as a defensive terror. There was some gamesmanship in that too. No doubt he was probably the best S of his generation but I’m not sold that BB ever really cares to discuss the route tree the week before a game that deeply with Brady. Seriously on the mic’d ups you never see BB talking with the O squad - only with the D. In 20 years as Pats HC I haven’t seen it - good contest to put out there though - can someone come up with a clip showing BB during a game on the sidelines coaching up a group of more than 3 on the O? (Other than breaking up the Brady-OBrien fight in 2011).
It’s illustrative that Belichick is open to listen to advice from players/coaches which he has indicated on many occasions plus Ernie Adams wouldn’t go on camera, you old cynical bastard. :D

If Reed comes on as a coach, he can sit with Bill during lunch and they can talk **** about Charley Casserly the whole time.

It’s illustrative that Belichick is open to listen to advice from players/coaches which he has indicated on many occasions plus Ernie Adams wouldn’t go on camera, you old cynical bastard. :D

Actually I think they did get Ernie up in the booth during a football game in that one.

Actually I think they did get Ernie up in the booth during a football game in that one.
BB asked Ernie who the 1st baseman was before Lou Gehrig.

BB asked Ernie who the 1st baseman was before Lou Gehrig.

He also asked Welker that question because someone in training camp was playing the slot well. Not sure if it was Edelman...

But the answer is Wally Pipp

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye