Status
Not open for further replies.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Matt Patricia: Through the Eyes of a Patriots Player

Some interesting insights... plus this kicker:

The Pats have finished in the top 10 in scoring defense in each of Patricia’s six years as defensive coordinator, including two straight finishes in the top five now. “There’s new guys in there, different guys on the field [every year], and it doesn’t matter,” Spikes says. “It’s coaching.”

It's one thing to have a top performing offense, when you have the GOAT QB and TE and guys like Edelman and Lewis... it's another to have a top performing defense with a front seven no one's ever heard of.

Plus...

goodellclown-595x3141.png

...there's his tremendous fashion sense. :) I hope the Pats don't lose Matty P.

Matt Patricia: Through the Eyes of a Patriots Player

Some interesting insights... plus this kicker:

It's one thing to have a top performing offense, when you have the GOAT QB and TE and guys like Edelman and Lewis... it's another to have a top performing defense with a front seven no one's ever heard of.

Plus...

goodellclown-595x3141.png

...there's his tremendous fashion sense. :) I hope the Pats don't lose Matty P.
I thought it's a foregone conclusion he's moving to Detroit.

Black Beard is as good as gone to the Motor City.

A friend, Bob Quinn in the Lions front office is the key. These guys want to work with people who they can trust and not throw them under the bus when problems arise.

That was evident 6 years ago after the Pats went 2 years without an official DC and then Patricia got the job over Pepper Johnson.. Everyone thought Pepper was an absolute lock for the DC job and were shocked when Patricia was named. I recall players like Wilfork openly campaigning for Pepper.

Patricia has done a better job than McDaniel

there's been pretty constant turnover of personnel on defense and yet by the end of each season, they're up there with the better units in the league......relative bunch of nobodies

I think Brady makes Josh's job easier but to say Patricia works with a bunch of nobodys I don't think is totally accurate.

Patricia has done a better job than McDaniel

there's been pretty constant turnover of personnel on defense and yet by the end of each season, they're up there with the better units in the league......relative bunch of nobodies

IDK ...

GONE:
- Blount = 299 totes, 18 TDs
... replaced by Gilly and Burkhead (a receiving back who was only available 10 games)

- Bennett = 55 inermediate-range catches, 701 yds, 7 TDS
... replaced by Allen & Hollister

- Edelman & Mitchell = 130 intermediate-range catches, 1786 yds, 7 TDs
... gone suddenly just before the start of the season
- Hogan = 38 deep catches, 680 yds, 4TDs (suddenly gone for half the season)
... replaced by Cooks, with help from Dorsett

Seems to me that McD was doing quite a bit of re-configuring on the fly, too.

Huh? Didn't he criticize the coaching when he left, or was that just aimed at BB?

Last edited:
Panthers apparently fired OC Mike Shula.

I think he is more ready to be a head coach than anybody out there right now. He has experience on both sides of the ball. That is an aspect you can't ignore unless you want a Rex or Mccarthy type of coach or at worse Tomlin, a cheerleader who just asks for plays.

Last edited:
What happened to the NY Giants gig??

Being reported by the NY Post that the final three candidates are Patricia, Shurmer and McDaniels..

Would prefer Detroit as it is less in the limelight and a younger QB..... but the bright lights of NYC (NJ garbage dump) are enticing.

Patricia's defenses have always sucked for the first 4 games of the season. God help him when the Lions and the media get smoked early and the defense is in disarray. That said, I wish him luck and would love to see the Lions vs the 49ers in the NFCC next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes