PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should this season’s champion have an asterisk?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Asterisk for Covid season champ?

• Yes

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • No

Votes: 37 64.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
(i) You are.

(ii) Why? Because you say so? I have a hunch you are not a business owner. When do you expect that the "virus passes"?

(iii) No stretch at all...perfectly analogous. (don't get lost in delta b/t pay scales)

(iv) Actually "criticism" is in no way "tangible"....but it is protected by free speech. Works both ways you know...
1. No I’m not. I said it was contextual. I challenged the silly childish notion that because someone makes a personal decision and can’t be scrutinized. It still Deirdre on an evaluation of the situation.

2. Because it’s dangerous and not worth the risk if you can financially survive without it.

3. Huge stretch. One is a necessity. One is entertainment. One could potentially go under ad a business. The other is in no such danger.

4. Well you are the one challenging people criticizing personal decisions

2. Because it’s dangerous and not worth the risk if you can financially survive without it.
I have zero problem whatsoever with players that opt out. They don't owe a single soul any explanation. However, I also have zero problem with players that opt in. Whether they need the money or not, they don't owe anyone an explanation for their actions either.
So are you, only you are criticizing those that made the other decision.

Last edited:
1. No I’m not. I said it was contextual. I challenged the silly childish notion that because someone makes a personal decision and can’t be scrutinized. It still Deirdre on an evaluation of the situation.

3. Huge stretch. One is a necessity. One is entertainment. One could potentially go under ad a business. The other is in no such danger.

Sure you are.

Aaahh, now we are onto something....financial survivability. How do you suggest this should be determined as it goes to individual businesses? Are you the arbiter? Or should individual business owners be allowed to make those decisions for themselves?

For you, the spectator, the NFL is "entertainment"....for lots & lots & lots of folks being able to go to work at their NFL related job is the sole determinate in their ability to "survive financially".

Actually I was pointing out "criticism" is not "tangible".

Sure you are.

Aaahh, now we are onto something....financial survivability. How do you suggest this should be determined as it goes to individual businesses? Are you the arbiter? Or should individual business owners be allowed to make those decisions for themselves?

For you, the spectator, the NFL is "entertainment"....for lots & lots & lots of folks being able to go to work at their NFL related job is the sole determinate in their ability to "survive financially".

Actually I was pointing out "criticism" is not "tangible".
This is really silly at the point. The risk is contracting something and dying. At that point it’s how much is the likelihood and risk of death vs financial sacrifice. I would surmise most at risk workers in essential jobs over 60 would make more on unemployment until Covid ends. Now if you can’t and need it to keep a roof over your head that’s another element we can discuss.

But yeah I don’t know why you are taking an anti free speech position

Where is the option for, "Not if we win."?

(i) The risk is contracting something and dying.

(ii) At that point it’s how much is the likelihood and risk of death vs financial sacrifice.

(iii) But yeah I don’t know why you are taking an anti free speech position.

(i) Lots of activities come with the risk of possibly perishing.

(ii) Determining "how much" risk is acceptable is an individual decision.

While MA was the last to allow golf courses to open, they are now open. If it were your call would you allow a clear thinking 60-yr old to report for work at a golf course in lieu of collecting unemployment?

(iii) In no way am I taking an anti-free speech position.

The asterisk crap is Bull****. It is what it is and the season/player/statistic is what it is. Just some idiots way of demeaning what was accomplished, regardless of circumstances.

I voted Yes but my Yes has an asterisk.*

* unless the Pats win it all, then No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results