PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should the Pats have drafted DK Metcalf instead of N'Keal Harry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too early to judge. Look back at what people were saying about the 2005 RB crop. Maroney looked unbelievable compared to Addai and Williams. We all know how that turned out.

Why would you root for the 49ers? They are a title behind us, last thing you want is them getting 6 then having the possibility of getting 7 before us.
After reading this.....now I have to root for SF.

I want to see the anarchy that will ensue.

Still won us a Super Bowl. Can’t really call it the wrong pick. Nobody would argue he’s better than Lamar Jackson, but will he ever contribute to a Super Bowl win?
We ran almost 20 different types of runs that game bc we had a dominant OL. Sony was good, no doubt but not special. I have a hard time believing there's not more then a few other RBs that couldn't have performed the same duties there.

Idk maybe it's me but I have a hard time believing Sony was more important than the OL that dominated all year long.

The GOAT of butthurt.

Where are all the posts of me jumping backon the bandwagon.

Locked, as you well know. But every long term poster on this site knows full well that you have always trashed them when things go south, and then post fervently about how you were with them all along when they win a Lombardi. You were the one who claimed you could do a better job than Belichick, and you know it.

The supposed posts that you claimed I made about Gordon and Nugent would have been from this season, had I made them, which I didn’t, which is why you won’t be able to post them.

I don't know about Metcalf - had massive injury history, etc - but how bout drafting someone that can ****ing play? Harry, J Williams, Winovich, D Harris, Cajuste, Froholdt, Cowart, Bailey, Wynn, Michel, DUKE DAWSON, Bentley....that's ELEVEN players the last 2 years picked in rounds 1 - 5. Who has contributed? Michel had a mediocre season and a good playoffs run last year (and has sucked this season) and Winovich has 4.5 sacks in 8 games (only half a sack his last 4 games)...and what else, oh a punter.... please, tell me and prove me wrong that they've gotten next to nothing out of their 11 highest draft picks the last 2 years years...

Before the fanboys accuse me of being a Jets fan, the fact that the Patriots have had such an incredible fact is a huge testament to Belichick the coach...and the very overlooked/ignored fact that Brady has taken way under market value deals for 90% of his career, thus allowing the Pats great flexibility to cover up for their schitty drafts via free agency and trades
A post like this is fine if you just feel like venting. But you should know that throwing out names and random options ("oh a punter") without any context--comparatively with other teams, draft positions, historical context--is essentially worthless.

Pats didn’t took Chubb and Metcalf because of injuries in college? its the opposite now

Locked, as you well know. But every long term poster on this site knows full well that you have always trashed them when things go south, and then post fervently about how you were with them all along when they win a Lombardi. You were the one who claimed you could do a better job than Belichick, and you know it.

The supposed posts that you claimed I made about Gordon and Nugent would have been from this season, had I made them, which I didn’t, which is why you won’t be able to post them.

More lies Butthurt Boy

12 months of history is available. Get busy producing evidence that prove your lies are fact.

Harry literally has taken zero snaps. This thread is ridiculous.

At this point the answer is yes. Everyone saying "But Harry hasn't taken a snap yet, how can you condemn him?" forget the irony of saying "Harry hasn't taken a snap" and wondering why we're berating him. If he was good enough, he'd be playing. Won't be the first 1st round WR ever to go bust. Not setting any records here.

How many snaps did Ras-I Dowling take with us? 10?

More lies Butthurt Boy

12 months of history is available. Get busy producing evidence that prove your lies are fact.

lmao, I’m happy as a clam, 6 Lombardi’s this era. Greatest run of success in NFL history. I love every minute of it. You on the other hand, have b.tched, moaned, cried, and complained throughout it, only to jump back on the bandwagon when the win it all.

That said, a chicken little like you arguing that it’s the optimists/homers who are the ones who are “butthurt” is gaslighting at its best. Nice try, but it doesn’t fly.

Harry literally has taken zero snaps. This thread is ridiculous.

Hopefully Harry can on the field, what I like about Metcalf is he can beat man coverage. Other than Edelman this is a deficiency for the Pats WR.

Hopefully Harry can on the field, what I like about Metcalf is he can beat man coverage. Other than Edelman this is a deficiency for the Pats WR.

Big time

lmao, I’m happy as a clam, 6 Lombardi’s this era. Greatest run of success in NFL history. I love every minute of it. You on the other hand, have b.tched, moaned, cried, and complained throughout it, only to jump back on the bandwagon when the win it all.

That said, a chicken little like you arguing that it’s the optimists/homers who are the ones who are “butthurt” is gaslighting at its best. Nice try, but it doesn’t fly.
Where are the posts BB#2.

Show everyone or else you're proven to be a liar.

Who knows how DK would adjust to life at S here in NE?

Seriously though. Seattle is perfect for him. If not the best, Wilson is a top 2-3 deep ball passer, has been for some time. Extremely efficient.

Hes Jon Snow if the face of inconsistent play calling, OL & a bad defense.

Their not asking DK to what we would in the simplest of terms. Doesn't mean it couldn't/wouldn't work here but Sea was the peak spot for him.

Where are the posts BB#2.

Show everyone or else you're proven to be a liar.

Locked, just ask Ian, he can confirm that everything from prior years is locked. Get him to unlock the past 10 years and I’ll show dozens of your quitter chicken little posts.

They could have double dipped at wideout but picked the corner. A position where we have some depth. Could have taken the bama tight end as well. Harry should be available for the iggles game and the kid should see snaps. Need to play him and see if he can a big target for us something we are lacking right now.

After reading this.....now I have to root for SF.

I want to see the anarchy that will ensue.
You’re not a Pats fan anyway, Ron.

At this point the answer is yes. Everyone saying "But Harry hasn't taken a snap yet, how can you condemn him?" forget the irony of saying "Harry hasn't taken a snap" and wondering why we're berating him. If he was good enough, he'd be playing. Won't be the first 1st round WR ever to go bust. Not setting any records here.

How many snaps did Ras-I Dowling take with us? 10?

He’s gonna play in the Philly game. If he doesn’t then something’s up.

Locked, just ask Ian, he can confirm that everything from prior years is locked. Get him to unlock the past 10 years and I’ll show dozens of your quitter chicken little posts.
July.

Go back 12 months and prove your butt hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News