PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should the Pats have drafted DK Metcalf instead of N'Keal Harry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about Metcalf - had massive injury history, etc - but how bout drafting someone that can ****ing play? Harry, J Williams, Winovich, D Harris, Cajuste, Froholdt, Cowart, Bailey, Wynn, Michel, DUKE DAWSON, Bentley....that's ELEVEN players the last 2 years picked in rounds 1 - 5. Who has contributed? Michel had a mediocre season and a good playoffs run last year (and has sucked this season) and Winovich has 4.5 sacks in 8 games (only half a sack his last 4 games)...and what else, oh a punter.... please, tell me and prove me wrong that they've gotten next to nothing out of their 11 highest draft picks the last 2 years years...

Before the fanboys accuse me of being a Jets fan, the fact that the Patriots have had such an incredible fact is a huge testament to Belichick the coach...and the very overlooked/ignored fact that Brady has taken way under market value deals for 90% of his career, thus allowing the Pats great flexibility to cover up for their schitty drafts via free agency and trades

I don't know about Metcalf - had massive injury history, etc - but how bout drafting someone that can ****ing play? Harry, J Williams, Winovich, D Harris, Cajuste, Froholdt, Cowart, Bailey, Wynn, Michel, DUKE DAWSON, Bentley....that's ELEVEN players the last 2 years picked in rounds 1 - 5. Who has contributed? Michel had a mediocre season and a good playoffs run last year (and has sucked this season) and Winovich has 4.5 sacks in 8 games (only half a sack his last 4 games)...and what else, oh a punter.... please, tell me and prove me wrong that they've gotten next to nothing out of their 11 highest draft picks the last 2 years years...

Before the fanboys accuse me of being a Jets fan, the fact that the Patriots have had such an incredible fact is a huge testament to Belichick the coach...and the very overlooked/ignored fact that Brady has taken way under market value deals for 90% of his career, thus allowing the Pats great flexibility to cover up for their schitty drafts via free agency and trades

Excellent post

..that's ELEVEN players the last 2 years picked in rounds 1 - 5. Who has contributed?
How many Super Bowls have the Pats been in the last two years compared to all the other teams in the league combined?

How many Super Bowls have the Pats been in the last two years compared to all the other teams in the league combined?
Lol and there it is.

I hate it when this team loses but good god, is this place a lot of fun to read afterward.

I hate it when this team loses but good god, is this place a lot of fun to read afterward.

Listen, when Brady leaves or retires...we are seriously due for an 8-8 season with the way we have been drafting lately. Unless by a stroke of luck, a capable NFL QB falls into our lap

I’ll enjoy the wave until Brady’s gone, but we are potentially looking at some dark years. Way too many draft misses.

Tom Brady-Draft pick

James White-Draft Pick

James Develin UDFA

Sony Michel-Draft pick

Brandon Bolden UDFA

Julian Edelman-Draft pick

Shaq Mason-Draft pick

Joe Thuney-Draft pick

Marcus Cannon -Draft pick

David Andrews UDFA

Adam Butler-UDFA

Deitrich Wise-Draft pick

Donta Hightower-Draft pick

Jamie Collins-Draft pick

Elandon Roberts-Draft pick

Devin McCourty-Draft pick

Duron Harmon-Draft pick

Patrick Chung -Draft pick

JC Jackson-UDFA

Stephen Gostkowski-Draft pick

All have contributed to their Lombardi’s, many of them multiple times. And the list doesn’t include guys like Solder,Vereen, Flowers etc... who left for more money. So this constant bleating about Belichick’s inability to draft is ultimately bullsh.t, as the criteria is cherry picked and doesn’t look at long term success, and instead cries about guys like Harry being “ busts” when they haven’t even been in the league for a season. The truth of the matter is that every long term study of drafting puts the Patriots at the top of the heap, and their success demonstrates that, and that’s despite an average draft position that is over # 28 in every round.

Michel had a "good" playoff run? Bit of an undersell, no?

Michel had a "good" playoff run? Bit of an undersell, no?

He’s on his way out. He stinks. Brady laughed at him after he ran the wrong route, then he was benched the rest of the game. Michel has no burst, can’t catch, cant break tackles. Thanks for the one great playoff run, but long term he won’t be here.

He’s on his way out. He stinks. Brady laughed at him after he ran the wrong route, then he was benched the rest of the game. Michel has no burst, can’t catch, cant break tackles. Thanks for the one great playoff run, but long term he won’t be here.
Still won us a Super Bowl. Can’t really call it the wrong pick. Nobody would argue he’s better than Lamar Jackson, but will he ever contribute to a Super Bowl win?

Still won us a Super Bowl. Can’t really call it the wrong pick. Nobody would argue he’s better than Lamar Jackson, but will he ever contribute to a Super Bowl win?
I love the notion that Sony “won us a Super Bowl”. He was a part of the win but I wouldn’t say he was more than any of the other key players.

I don't know how rooting for former Patriots would make you less of a fan. I will always root for Jimmy unless it affects the Patriots. Same with Malcom Butler, Logan Ryan and 90% of the other former Patriots out there. The only ones I won't root for are the ones who had negative things to say ala Cassusis Marsh and Dion Lewis.

my rooting for Jimmy only goes so far. I wouldn’t want to see him go 19-0 and win the Super Bowl for instance, even if the Pats aren’t in it. Maybe it’s just the pettiness in me, I want to see them do well I just don’t want to see them do too well, if that makes sense... cause then that just means we made a huge mistake letting them go

my rooting for Jimmy only goes so far. I wouldn’t want to see him go 19-0 and win the Super Bowl for instance, even if the Pats aren’t in it. Maybe it’s just the pettiness in me, I want to see them do well I just don’t want to see them do too well, if that makes sense... cause then that just means we made a huge mistake letting them go
Rooting for Jimmy is perfectly fine. I root for him. I like Jimmy. I want him to win every game (except vs us). Hes a good kid. He did his job here. He pushed Tom to a different level. He won a couple of games and left on good terms.

If the Patriots aren’t in it then I will root for Jimmy and the 49ers. Jimmy is one it’s hard to make an argument that we made a mistake trading him since Brady clearly had/has plenty left in the tank. The only argument I can see with the Jimmy G trade is the lack of a return. I still refuse to believe someone (the Browns) wouldn’t have given us more.

If the Patriots aren’t in it then I will root for Jimmy and the 49ers. Jimmy is one it’s hard to make an argument that we made a mistake trading him since Brady clearly had/has plenty left in the tank. The only argument I can see with the Jimmy G trade is the lack of a return. I still refuse to believe someone (the Browns) wouldn’t have given us more.

Why would you root for the 49ers? They are a title behind us, last thing you want is them getting 6 then having the possibility of getting 7 before us.

Why would you root for the 49ers? They are a title behind us, last thing you want is them getting 6 then having the possibility of getting 7 before us.
Because I like Jimmy G.

Apparently, you've never watched football in your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes