PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should the NFL add more teams?

No thank you. Maybe in several years,

Fix the Jets before you add new teams

The game is evolving, rules are being added, the Texans were recently added. I don't see why not.

Fix the Jets before you add new teams
are the jets losing money? Do their fans want them to leave? are they not pleasing patriots fans by providing awful competition twice a year?

The sport is very popular and every year they are seeing huge profit, I think it would be a good idea adding more teams and expand the playoffs even further.

I think the Players association might go for it since it will create more jobs.

What do you guys think?

No. But every team should be renamed simply "Team" like Washington.

And every team should rotate cities from year to year all players and coaching staff. Just owners and fans stay the same.

So there is a 32 year rotation.

the way the league is now set up, if you keep the 4 division/2 conference set up, you'd have to add 8 teams to the league...

Toronto - fine and good when things are going well, but economics say no ... any canadian franchise would have to pay players in US Dollars... thats fine when the Canadian economy is good, but if the looney drops against the dollar, it makes it unfeasible... its the main reason why so many teams in the NHL left Canada... the strength of the NFL vs the NHL helps insulate a potential franchise, but it needs to be considered...

Rogers Center is also not an NFL stadium. They’d need a new one. The Bills would also never agree to a team there for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
Rogers Center is also not an NFL stadium. They’d need a new one. The Bills would also never agree to a team there for obvious reasons.
any city that wants a team is required to either have a stadium or show they have the ability to get one built... iirc the stadium has to be at least 50,000 person capacity...

More teams is a bad idea.

divisions and conferences are perfectly even and make for easy schedule making.

Sticking to the US, a new team could go into a large media market that only has one team. Chicago comes to mind. The Bay Area now only has one team.

Or a new team could go into a city near a team with a strong market, but maybe not big enough itself for a second team. San Antonio fits there, less than 100 miles from Dallas.

I don't know enough about the New Mexico, Utah or Oregon media markets to have a view on Albuquerque, Salt Lake City or Portland (Portland seems to be self-destructing anyway).

LA has two teams. Florida three. NYC (oops, New Jersey) already has two and NY State has three.

I dunno, though. 32 works so well in so many ways. It ain't broke. Why fix it unless the evidence of greatly increased revenue is significant?

My initial response is no.

Then I think, more teams means diluted talent, and what coach has proven above any other that he can win with diluted talent?

Since your avatar is Mel Gibson, an Aussie, why not put a team or two down under? The NFL could lay claim to covering the whole world and Australians would probably take to American football given their love of rugby.

Mel was born in Peeksill, NY, he is a good old 'Merican!!

He moved to Austrailia when he was 12.

I could live with a team in Canada, just not twenty yard long endzones. Mexico is a sewer, plus Jerrah wouldnt like the competition.

No, but I want to eliminate divisions. Rivalry's are non existent and I'm tired of watching teams play 40% of their schedule against the same teams every year. This will also eliminate 8-8 division winners get higher seeding than a 12-4 team.

The fairest way to do it would be with two eight team divisions in each conference. The way it is now each team only has to have a better record than 3 other teams out of 15. Placing the word "champion" next to such a lame accomplishment is ridiculous. The current format is also very unfair to teams that play in much stronger divisions.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back