PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should Patriots defer if they win the toss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because we begged them to run. They are a on dimensional team who we WANT to run the ball. "Making them one-dimensional" isn't accomplishing anything.

We had Gronkowski and made a fantastic comeback. If you think we should hope to come back with two slot receivers and a 3rd down back who's been juggling more than catching and a few question marks at receiver then we disagree.

Of course running isn't their strength, but there's no doubt Knowshon and Bell could get loose like Blount has if we act like their production doesn't count for some reason.

Our D line is better than that game, but our receivers are not. Forcing Peyton to throw means desperation throws, risks and qb hits. No one's arguing he isn't throw first, I want to make those throws interceptions by making him throw from behind, under pressure, from 3rd and long instead of 3rd and two. It's fundamental.

Our secondary can do it's part, let's pressure him like we used to. Belichick isn't going out and saying let's allow 200-300 yards running just because we've succeeded like that twice. We've beaten him more times by playing balanced defense even overplaying for the pass. defense.

It really won't matter who goes first because in the end the better team will find a way to win.

They should take the wind.

Well, definitely in the minority on this one. I want them to play from in front as much as possible in this game and keep the pressure on the Bronco's. If they chew up 7-8 minutes and put up 7 and then get a stop they will be taking charge of the game, if they defer and Manning can get 7 and they get the stop and another score then it is going to be hard to stay with what i am assuming is their gameplan, which is to control the game with the run. In the past the patriots have been a high scoring team that really didn't worry about TOP that much, this ios a different team and they have been winning by beating the hell out of the other team with their run game and dominating TOP so that's what i would like to see today.

Either way we'll see, and i do agree that ultimately the better team will win so whatever happens I just want them to beat the hell out of them and win this game.

...if they defer and Manning can get 7...

If Manning drives for a 7 point lead on his opening possession, the Pats are likely screwed either way, If not, then the Pats get all the goodies that come with a second half start. I can't speak for the Pats, but a game start with a stalled drive followed by an opponent score is very deflating to me - yet another reason I prefer and will stick with deferral.

Yes we should defer. This game won't be won in the first half. Also, Denver's crowd isn't that rowdy.

That is ridiculous....

Ridiculous that you thought of that!!!! :rocker: Seriously that is some deep thought....were you hanging out with Jack Handy? :D That never occurred to me yet it is so simple and true. Good job.

I really can't take credit for it. I heard Bill say it on the Big Show a few years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back