PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sherman on the Way Out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seattle isn’t trading him within the division.

Yeah til we see the Rams traded for Sherman this is fake news.

We are much more likely to be able to work out a reasonable trade with Seattle than with Denver. Denver hates us and would have asked for more than the Rams gave them. Petey in Seattle on the other hand is friendly with Bill and would probably do him a solid and just ask for some really low conditional pick. They’re gonna probably release him anyway, if Bill just needs to offer a late 6th to make sure we get him that’ll be fine.

Yeah, other'n repeatedly pissing all over the Offensive Coordinator in public and generally acting like an ass, Sherman's been aces as a teammate.
spock.gif

And I have little use for Players who operate otherwise.
th_coffee.gif

So this is the part I'm curious about, the "generally acting like an ass." The Bevell comments were bad form and happened on two different occasions. That's all I am aware of. His teammates have by all accounts adored him, and he's been extremely loyal to them. If we're still upset because one time he yelled about Michael Crabtree five minutes after making the biggest play of his life, that's a bit of pearl clutching as far as I'm concerned.

We could do a trade and restructure.

If we're still upset because one time he yelled about Michael Crabtree five minutes after making the biggest play of his life, that's a bit of pearl clutching as far as I'm concerned.

"We."???? o_O

His defenestration of Crabtree was in Sherman's favor, for all'f me, Straw Man Seeker.
spock.gif

We are much more likely to be able to work out a reasonable trade with Seattle than with Denver. Denver hates us and would have asked for more than the Rams gave them. Petey in Seattle on the other hand is friendly with Bill and would probably do him a solid and just ask for some really low conditional pick. They’re gonna probably release him anyway, if Bill just needs to offer a late 6th to make sure we get him that’ll be fine.

Given that Denver is in the middle of a rebuild I dont think they really cared where Talib went. They wanted to maximize their return. The reality is that we were never in on him via trade because his contract would have been too much. Similarly, it is extremely unlikely that we would be interested in a trade for Sherman and his big ass contract.

It’s 9AM in seattle. Pete carroll is probably eating his morning donut right now instead of releasing sherman...arrgh. Just do it Pete!

To secure him he'd have to be signed by Monday or you risk losing him if BB is even interested in him.

To secure him he'd have to be signed by Monday or you risk losing him if BB is even interested in him.

Let’s wait and see even if he’s released today.

I don’t see sherman as the type who would put money over winning.

Didn't imply that he would. Both of the aforementioned managed to do both. Having both is nice...

article-1076251-02F2125300000578-549_468x409.jpg

...when you can get them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back