PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sheard and Cannons injuries minor-Per Rapsheet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per Jeff Howe:
"Edelman's finger is nothing new,been funky for awhile"

NBC made a story out of nothing..
Well I think we were all thinking the same though watching Edelman drop those passes considering how sure handed he is.

Good news on Sheard and Cannon, but we still can't be sure on their readiness for this week. Mediots like to throw around words like "minor" when THEIR last major injury was banging a knee against a table. I won't be surprised to see both of those guys plus Hightower, all be "limited" in practice all week. Still we've heard worst news.

BTW- did the two assholes ever mention Sheard getting dinged last night. I was wondering about no hearing his name last night, given how prominent he'd been in the 4 previous games. In a sense I was kind of comforted to hear there was a reason.
They mentioned him at the beginning of the second half on the injury sideline report. They talked about how well he was playing.

Hightower was practicing last week. I expect him to return against the Jets barring setback.
We will need him. He is probably going to be the most important player against the Jets with that running attack.

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but Slater's injury shouldn't be overlooked. He probably averages 1-2 tackles per game that come right when the punt returner catches it and starts to make a move. That's 1-2 drives per game that thus require an extra 20 yards to get to the endzone. Just takes one of those in the playoffs to swing the game. Also obviously his leadership and helping people with their assignments on the field would be missed.

Hopefully it's just an MCL and he can come back in December, I haven't heard anything yet. Other players have to step up in the meantime. The small successes on special teams that are hard to notice is a huge part of what has made our team successful over the years.

If cannon's fine then i am not worried. I am still worried about our cb depth
I think Logan Ryan didn't do half bad and hasn't been half had the last week or two even though this board, including myself, has trashed him.

Collinsworth praising him the whole night, meanwhile, was probably a little too strong. But I do think he has been doing a little better.

We definitely should trade for a corner here, though. Really all we need is a vet like Reshean Mathis that gives this group the experience that Tarrell Brown was giving.

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but Slater's injury shouldn't be overlooked. He probably averages 1-2 tackles per game that come right when the punt returner catches it and starts to make a move. That's 1-2 drives per game that thus require an extra 20 yards to get to the endzone. Just takes one of those in the playoffs to swing the game. Also obviously his leadership and helping people with their assignments on the field would be missed.

Hopefully it's just an MCL and he can come back in December, I haven't heard anything yet. Other players have to step up in the meantime. The small successes on special teams that are hard to notice is a huge part of what has made our team successful over the years.
We've been arguably the best in the league at covering returns and he is a big part of it. But I think Bill has built this team with a lot of good ST guys. I think others will be ready to step up to the plate, though his leadership will be missed.

I'm not sure the Patriots have that luxury with the other injuries they have, particularly on the O-line. They desperately need to add another OT with Cannon being injured. A toe injury for an O-lineman can be a big deal..

Also, it's arguable that they still need another CB even with the addition of Melvin. The next couple of weeks are going to be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST