PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shaugnessy: Sorry, the Pats will lose

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy is such an idiot. I don't click on his articles, but read the sections posted on here. His sole purpose is to mess with Pats fans. I've never seen a (whatever you want to call him), write so much crap against a city they write for. Everything he write is with the sole purpose of being contrary to what fans think. It's really the most desperate attempt to get a click I've ever seen. I wish somebody would spit on him the next time they see him walking down the street. BTW, he is the most butt ugly creaton I've ever seen. Geez, how many times was his lunch money taken from him?

I consider the Ravens game this season to be a road playoff-like win. They have what it takes to go in to Denver and upset them. It's been a great ride watching the defense and offense transform before our eyes.
If we take care of business in Denver, we get two more weeks for Dobson and Thompkins to heal up for the Super Bowl. This could be our greatest season ever.

opinions are like ????? ;)
Opinions are like peoples perceived notion of what is true.

Shaugnessy's are like farts in a fan. Basically, he may or may not believe his own opinion, but he has an agenda which is usually self promoting.

I think I'm going to vomit.

THey read this article from the Denver post on Toucher & rich this morning with sappy background music. I nearly died laughing.

as for shaughnessy pay him no attention. the guy is the WORST media member in boston. he doesnt care about the story, all he cares about is getting his own kicks. I bet this article is a rehashed from 2001 when they played the rams. The way he writes these articles is so he is never wrong.

look at the one vs. the colts. pats win = I told you so, pats lose = belicheck is horrible!, ownership is horrible!

Why do people say Kraft has so much pull at CBS? Is there something I don't know?

Mybe because of CBS Sportscene at Patriots Place and because he probably vacations with CBS executives in Nantucket and other luxurious places.

THey read this article from the Denver post on Toucher & rich this morning with sappy background music. I nearly died laughing.

as for shaughnessy pay him no attention. the guy is the WORST media member in boston. he doesnt care about the story, all he cares about is getting his own kicks. I bet this article is a rehashed from 2001 when they played the rams. The way he writes these articles is so he is never wrong.

look at the one vs. the colts. pats win = I told you so, pats lose = belicheck is horrible!, ownership is horrible!

I didn't get to hear the whole thing. They started but then Matt Light came on.

How could anyone be worse than Borges?

It's funny Shaughnessy and his T+R friends are going to play the martyrdom thing for all its worth.

Notice how in this article there is no derogatory "Pats fanboys' or "Amos Alonzo Kraft" references. he is playing it straight down the middle and writing this one (so he can use it as proof) as if he were just coldly doing some analysis.

Sorry, Dan, but I have no problem with your column this morning. It is very moderate and you are entitled to your opinion. What you have fooled unknowing people like Peter King about is that the readers are not upset about your opinions - - they are rightfully upset about your lack of doing any homework about football and your gratuitous insults to the fans and to Bob Kraft.

This column today is your Eddie haskell attempt to somehow write something without gratuitous personal insults that you hope will get a reaction from the readers. That way you can wave "Exhibit 1"!

Too bad, Dan, I have no negative reaction to this. You are trying to be a grown up today and that is a good thing. I disagree with your conclusion about the game, but you did it in a way that more repsectable writers would do it. Good for you in trying to act like a mature adult!

It's in there...

"There might even be a footy-pajama fanboy or two with doubts about the Patriots’ ability to beat Peyton Manning."

Shank tweeted something like "Are you worried yet Patriots fans?" during the game the other night when the Colts were within 7.

I don't have to read this article to know it's probably more of the same Shank troll bait.

It's a safe prediction, from the guy who made the "unsafe" call and took the Pats over the Rams in SB XXXVI.

In this case, Shaugnessy's argument turns on one sentence, highlighted by its being left as a standalone paragraph: "But these Patriots are not better than the Broncos. Too many things have happened." He also argues that the Pats haven't shown they can win a big playoff game on the road in a long time.

Both statements are true, the one as a matter of opinion and the other of fact.

On paper, the Broncos this season have been better than the Pats; if it's your opinion that the team on paper is the better team, then we can't argue with that.

By my reckoning, the last big Road Playoff game the Pats won was at Heinz Field in the 2004 Season AFCCG. Since then, they've lost Road Playoff games to the Broncos and Colts and haven't won any. That's a matter of fact.

So, it's a safe prediction.

While the rest of the article pays lip-service to the intangibles (Home Field, Del Rio, Fox, BB, etc), Shaugnessy's basic argument is that the "better" team will, in this case at least, prevail at Home against a team that hasn't won a big (or any) road playoff game in nine years and has maxed out its abilities this year because of a great HC and QB.

As he ends his article, he states that that is all "opinion, not fact." On that, I agree with him.

As for the rest, I haven't heard so many opinions lining up against the Patriots since SB XXXVI. I think they win on Sunday if they do what they did against the Rams that day; flawless D, solid execution of a great game plan and tough, hit-them-in-the-mouth football. That, too, is "opinion, not fact."

Mybe because of CBS Sportscene at Patriots Place and because he probably vacations with CBS executives in Nantucket and other luxurious places.
So it's because of CBS Scene? And does he really vacation with them? I'm honestly asking why it's said he has so much pull at CBS. I truly don't know and am wondering.

That Denver Post article was stupid but one thing they quoted from John Fox was very true--championships are won by your big players making big plays at critical moments. Just think if Assante makes that interception or Brady and Welker connect to keep the drive going. No matter all the comparisons, it will come down to executing at critical moments.

Opinions are like peoples perceived notion of what is true.

Shaugnessy's are like farts in a fan. Basically, he may or may not believe his own opinion, but he has an agenda which is usually self promoting.

well, that's not where I was going with that....but OK ;)

No matter what happens, no matter who wins, no matter whether he's right or wrong...on that Monday following the Bowl HE will still be Shankanancy the red headed turd perpetually circling the flushing bowl.

He's right though. The Broncos would have to substantially under-perform to lose this game at home. I'm clinging to that possibility with all of my being, but I want to be realistic.

Shaugnessy is full of crap. Everything the guy says it garbage that's wrong. No Boston sports team is to good for him and every team we play is always better. It's people like him who really get me mad your aviation sports writer support the team don't go against them. Yes we know all that stats but that not every thing and that's what Shaugnessy bases every thing off of.

He's right though. The Broncos would have to substantially under-perform to lose this game at home. I'm clinging to that possibility with all of my being, but I want to be realistic.

not so sure I agree with that

Couldn't care less about his opinions, but he does have a wonderful man perm.

NFL games are about matchups. Just because DEN set records on offense doesn't mean they should waltz through any team. NE fans should know this better than any other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back