PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Player Departure Shaq Mason traded to the Bucs

You presume that Belichick will be willing to pay what the overpaying horde paid in the firs 2 days of free agency.
no, i meant mason's cap hit which is below Cappa's cap hit for eg

The big difference here is that this is a buyers market - this is the last big bargain year - if you save for next yr you lose value.
Is it really a buyer’s market though? Everyone knows the cap is exploding in 2023. That can be taken advantage of with large signing bonuses and back-weighted salaries.

On the other hand, the CB and WR costs have been a little lower than expected, so you could be onto something here. The cost for linemen has been as high as I had thought though.

I'm really not here for another first round o-lineman
???

Belichick is quite able to find guards in the 2nd or 3rd or 4th rounds.

And he could sign 2 guards for $7M of cap room, of he pushed money inti later years.

The Pats don't seem to have problems finding interior linemen, even in the middle rounds of the draft. I wouldn't panic until we see what other moves come. That said, even if we assume Onwenu moves to guard, we're still one short there, so another move is coming. If not an established vet, then a "floor" guy to keep draft flexibility.
My fellow Sicilian, Do you think there is anything possible to La'el Collins, Wynn, Andrews, Onwenu, Brown? Love to hear your thoughts on what you think plz>

I would think this means Trent Brown is coming back. Otherwise, this weakens our OL significantly and the draft isn't so deep that we can just throw this guy away for a 5th.

And you have no trouble finding a LT to start the season, in addition to a RT?

It would also have required a willing trade partner.

I would think this means Trent Brown is coming back. Otherwise, this weakens our OL significantly and the draft isn't so deep that we can just throw this guy away for a 5th.
I think that it means Brown or another starting OT.

I have to admit I am speechless and that doesn't happen too often.....
I’m shocked at how low the compensation is. A 5th rounder? Same with Mankins only netting a 4th plus a throw in. Shouldn’t a starting offensive lineman who is still playing reasonably well net something other than a day 3 pick?

This off-season seems like a faulkimg disaster. Is belichick trying to faulk over kraft?

So the Pats are openly tanking.... ok then?

And you have no trouble finding a LT to start the season, in addition to a RT?
The pats could sign brown for the money they would have saved from wynn. Mason and Brown is a more reliable duo than Wynn and Brown if you just compare those two

also look at the rumours about Collins

Wynn makes a lot more sense to me but that's just me

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST