PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shame on America

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where I live, people seem to be rejoicing. My main guess is out of jealousy against the Pats. The other problem is the ignorance of America. None of them have read the Wells report or Judge Berman's reports or anything. Therefore, they don't realize how much bs this is and that the ball weren't deflated, there was no failure to cooperate, and the ideal gas law easily explains it. Not to mention, the world does not seem to be familiar with Goodell and his cronies personal vendetta against Belichick and the Patriots.

Every human comes with the semi-amalgamation of a calculator and sensor. For the environment we live in both are needed to thrive. Unfortunately we are trying, successfully, to be led down a path to focus as many of us as possible who will disregard the calculator in favor of actions ruled completely by the sensor. And while it has always been that way to some extent, I believe there were tengential leaders of the past who implored people to calculate to the best of their individual abilities. I'm not sure leaders of any tangible power exist anymore. The result is that vacuum gets more and more filled with Goodell, ESPN, OmniCorp, and one of the seemingly best defenses against it (an adversarial system) ends up a sham -- the adversaries make sure first and foremost they themselves endure/thrive.
The nature of nature is to bloom, to wither, to die, to restart. Man's ability to rely just as heavily on the calculator will be the only, with the exception of sheer luck, to short circuit that process. Unfortunately the incs and the Ds/Rs find greater riches when people are afraid, are envious, are angry, are in a constant state of crisis/chaos as it makes the flock easily led.

The good news is the end of the withering stage and the ultimate dying is not likely to be in our lifetime(I believe that is according to SH's estimate), and in the meantime they have done good stuff with ****tails, vap-ing, dvrs, bandwidth and they are coming along quickly with sensor-holography. Drinking a pina colada delivered by mrs tom brady then burning one up that is carcinogen free while sitting on a beach -- all done from the comfort of your home. Sure Rome might be burning, however, it sounds better to me than having to take time to constantly examine and figure things out just so a few dozen extra generations can bloom :)

Good! It will show how ridiculous the whole notion of "white privilege" is. Especially when the people who bring it up are usually the beneficiaries of some affirmative action program.:rolleyes:

Goodell is so consistently inconsistent, I don't think he can prove that.

Good! It will show how ridiculous the whole notion of "white privilege" is. Especially when the people who bring it up are usually the beneficiaries of some affirmative action program.:rolleyes:

Get out of here with that crap.

It's more the shock to hear a federal judge state that it is okay for an arbiter to lie or even break the law and still have no worries about the ruling being overturned. Talk about nut land.

A Patriot Cheerleader named Jessica is in the feed at the top of the page. She's got a smile that completely lights up the room. If the unfairness of someone like Goodell being able to make the rules up as he goes and the fan having nothing they can do to change that, I suggest taking a look at that smile. If that doesn't help alleviate the level of upset you are? Booze and pills may be your only salvation....

There is an old saying, "be careful what you wish for". The jerkwads who may be "celebrating" this today, may not be when the iron fist of that little dictator comes to a neighborhood near them. (ask the Saints fans about that). I think when Brady retires he ought to write a scathing memoir about all this. But, I put the lion's share of blame on the NFLPA, who willingly gave that little ****-tator all this power.
There is plenty of blame to go around. The Krafts owe Patriots fans something ... Something significant. I don't know what yet, but it needs to be a meaningful gesture.

The American Empire is falling. Because of this, I hope it falls sooner rather than later. Burn baby burn.
As another poster put it, be careful what you wish for. America is a land of hypocrisy and lies, but so is everywhere else.

Today's Decision 2-1 ,,which takes it to 2-2 if you include Judge Berman is a sad day for all players in the NFL.
What i find sad ,,is the rejoicing of most of America ,,on a player who has been a GREAT Ambassador to the Game and for his Country. Someone who's only guilt is that he is good and wins games.
Shame on America for allowing a Dictator run the NFL,,and makes millions for it !!!
I feel sad , but i take one major positive about todays decision ,,that the one Judge who was against the power of Dictator Goodell ,,,was the Chief Judge and i am hoping it might help our Tommy in future Court Appeal.
I am so far away yet sick to the stomach on Deflategate ,,,God help you all in America with the crazy media circus you have to go through.
Not the end,,but i so wish i could be outside Draft day where i would give away money to every fan going inside and pay them just to BOO Goodell !!! I want to hear the Boos so loud he can't announce the Picks.
Shame on America if this guy is still the Commisioner next Year. GO PATS

Please read the ruling. The NFLPA agreed to the CBA that gave the Commissioner the power to be arbitrator in appeals of his own decisions. The courts didn't do this, the NFLPA did.

The dissenting opinion by the Chief Judge is significant as it provides a ray of hope that the full court will hear an appeal. The outcome of that appeal may not be any different because, at the end of the day, the NFLPA agreed to hand the Commissioner these powers.

Attachments

• 2nd US Court of Appeals decision plus dissent 15-2801_complete_opn.pdf
    397.4 KB · Views: 1
Today's Decision 2-1 ,,which takes it to 2-2 if you include Judge Berman is a sad day for all players in the NFL.

You can't include Judge Berman as he's been ordered by the appellate court to change his verdict so it's like it never even happened.

It's more the shock to hear a federal judge state that it is okay for an arbiter to lie or even break the law and still have no worries about the ruling being overturned. Talk about nut land.
We truly have gone down the rabbit hole into Alice in Wonderland "up is down, down is up" territory.....Actually footnote 1 acknowledges that the court will accept fraud by denying an amicus brief to correct factual errors...

As noted by Charles ****ens in Oliver Twist, "the law is a ass—a idiot."

Science exonerated Brady. The conventional legal view of "deference to the arbitrator" seems to be that we're required to simply ignore that!

Just think about that for a minute!

if people had a brain they'd realize that allowing Goodell to basically say "I can do whatever the **** I want and you're gona have to live with that" is not in the best interests of anyone, be it another franchise/player etc.
Or any American. It's basically saying you can sign away your legal rights. What if Goodell now decided black players were getting out of line relative to whites and needed more discipline?

Please read the ruling. The NFLPA agreed to the CBA that gave the Commissioner the power to be arbitrator in appeals of his own decisions. The courts didn't do this, the NFLPA did.
Please read the first ruling. That judge said in essence that even though the players gave the Commissioner the ability to arbitrate issues of discipline THE ORIGINAL JUDGEMENT STILL HAD TO BE FAIR!

Science exonerated Brady. The conventional legal view of "deference to the arbitrator" seems to be that we're required to simply ignore that!
See a pattern here?

There is plenty of blame to go around. The Krafts owe Patriots fans something ... Something significant. I don't know what yet, but it needs to be a meaningful gesture.

HA!!! Don't hold your breath waiting for that.

HA!!! Don't hold your breath waiting for that.
I'm not, but the Krafts can't keep expecting these kinds of hits to be accepted with a shrug and a smile by the fan base.

I'm not, but the Krafts can't keep expecting these kinds of hits to be accepted with a shrug and a smile by the fan base.

Are you cancelling your season tickets?

Not yet. But my enthusiasm isn't what it used to be, I can tell you that.

Yeah, see, either nobody is cancelling their season tickets or too few are. As long as the Kraft's still have people lining their pockets instead of going through with a mass exodus of long time season ticket holders, why wouldn't they keep shrugging and smiling? You'll continue to give them thousands of your dollars next season as will a ton of other long time season ticket holders and things will move on as they always were while Goodell "does a great job".

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft