PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Senior Bowl: Who caught your eye?

VJCPatriot

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
List all your binkies, risers, and fallers from the Senior Bowl.

In terms of QBs - Kellen Mond out of Texas A&M won the MVP of the game despite his team losing. He was previously considered a Day 3 prospect, does this move him up your board? Should Patriots consider taking a flyer on Mond and how early a pick would you spend?

Offensive player of the game was Louisville WR Dez Fitzpatrick with 90 yards on 6 catches. But we suck at drafting WRs so if he went to New England, he would turn into a bust anyways, right?

Another riser from the Senior Bowl is DB Richie Grant out of UCF. Another unheralded safety whom we don't need, so watch BB draft this guy in round 2.

Keep an eye out on Wisconsin G/C Meinerz if BB chooses to reinforce the OL. But reportedly he has risen to 2nd day status so might be a little rich for us considering OL is mostly a strength. Though if Andrews does not return, this position could quickly turn into a need.

My highlighted info comes from this article: Kellen Mond wins MVP of Reese's Senior Bowl

Although I'm sure there are many more angles I'm missing on who rose and fell from the Senior Bowl. Counting on posters who paid way more attention than myself to add to the discussion.

Your thoughts?

List all your binkies, risers, and fallers from the Senior Bowl.

In terms of QBs - Kellen Mond out of Texas A&M won the MVP of the game despite his team losing. He was previously considered a Day 3 prospect, does this move him up your board? Should Patriots consider taking a flyer on Mond and how early a pick would you spend?

Offensive player of the game was Louisville WR Dez Fitzpatrick with 90 yards on 6 catches. But we suck at drafting WRs so if he went to New England, he would turn into a bust anyways, right?

Another riser from the Senior Bowl is DB Richie Grant out of UCF. Another unheralded safety whom we don't need, so watch BB draft this guy in round 2.

Keep an eye out on Wisconsin G/C Meinerz if BB chooses to reinforce the OL. But reportedly he has risen to 2nd day status so might be a little rich for us considering OL is mostly a strength. Though if Andrews does not return, this position could quickly turn into a need.

My highlighted info comes from this article: Kellen Mond wins MVP of Reese's Senior Bowl

Although I'm sure there are many more angles I'm missing on who rose and fell from the Senior Bowl. Counting on posters who paid way more attention than myself to add to the discussion.

Your thoughts?
Didn't like Mond, Fitzpatrick dropped too many balls, didn't see much out of Grant or Meinerz, but I never really watched them in particular.

I think of Mac Jones higher than I did a week ago (although not that much)

OT Dillon Radunz from NDSU and Wisconsin-Whitewater OG Quinn Meinerz were both awesome

WRs Toney and Rodgers both really impressed

Michael Carter really impressed, but UCLA RB Felton had an awesome week

Interesting that Stevens from LSU was playing LB...The safety position has changed

Radunz was very impressive thus week,

cox from lsu was also impressive.

meinerz the center from d3, proved very powerful but needs lots of help technically.

WR Toney would look great in a Patriots uniform. But our needs on defense are more important. We just had a first round WR two years ago in N Harry. His disappointing output means we double dip at the position in the first round?

WR Toney would look great in a Patriots uniform. But our needs on defense are more important. We just had a first round WR two years ago in N Harry. His disappointing output means we double dip at the position in the first round?
yes, it does. We need speed and athletes at the skilled positions. Defense is important but it is miles ahead of the offense at this point.

I hope you saw my daily reports from the Senior Bowl and the players I highlighted. Meinerz was a monster. Came out of nowhere (DIII Wisconsin - Whitewater) and his team did not play this year. Don't take it from me, but every scout that was there said the same thing. The players on the D- line he went up against voted him the top lineman. Meinerz broke his hand in the middle of Thursday practice and finished playing with it. He begged the officials to let him play Saturday. They voted Dillon Radunz the best overall practice player. WR Toney had some drops, but he was consistently wide open. Fitzpatrick had one drop and one pass was overthrown, but still had 6 catches. D'Wayne Eskeridge didn't play in the game but was lightning quick in practice. OL David Moore played some center to show his versatility. He had a great week and was voted best OL for his team by his peers. Tre McKitty had a nice week at TE. Mac Jones proved this week that it wasn't all that incredible talent that he had surrounding him at Alabama. He had a great week and likely moved into the top ten in the draft. Don't be surprised if Carolina didn't fall in love with him. Carter was impressive, but has one major flaw. He can't pass block. Kylin Hill on the other hand was excellent in pass blocking and receiving out of the backfield and he ran hard. Ben "Bench" Mason FB Michigan was destroying people all week. I also like what I saw of Grant Stuard LB/S Houston. He led the AAC in tackles this year and has averaged 8.3 per game over two years.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back