PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Senior Bowl Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You talk about how you were right about the Maualuga lovers, but can't the same be said to you about your boy Barwin? His value to this organization wasn't at 23, 26, 34, 40, or 41. What does that say about him with a clear void at OLB with Vrabel gone? I know a lot of people, you included, wanted him badly in the first round.

What it says is that Mr. Box & others were right - again,
and that Mr. Bill was wrong - again,
as has unfortunately for us been too often the case for the past 5 years.

Wes Bunting from NFL has his "winners" from the Senior Bowl and Shring Game weeks:

All-stars who helped their draft stock | National Football Post

I'm sometimes confused by Bunting's calls. For example, he has this to say about UMass OL Vlad Ducasse: "Speaking of rising offensive linemen, no one may have done more for himself the past two weeks than Ducasse. He was a downright dominating offensive tackle at the 1-AA level last season, but his ability to significantly improve every day at the Senior Bowl and follow his practices with an impressive game is what really stood out. The guy possesses a thick lower half, good natural power and impressive athletic ability for his size. He’s a lineman who could start at either tackle or guard spots in the NFL and will add a lot of talent and versatility to whatever NFL team drafts him." While Ducasse played ok in the Senior Bowl game and showed flashes of raw ability, he also showed how very raw his is, and how limited his lateral mobility is. I certainly wouldn't call him a "riser" based on his Senior Bowl performance.

And I wouldn't call Jimmy Graham an obvious winner at the Senior Bowl, either. He didn't hurt himself, but I don't see him as a fast riser by an means.

Meanwhile, there was no mention of Dan Williams, Alex Carrington, or Koa Misi from the Senior Bowl, or Freddie Barnes from the Shrine Game.
I guess we'll just have to wait and see, whichever scouts he's talking to seem to like to throw him broccoli instead of steak when he's begging for table scraps.

Am I the only one confused by this type of write up,,
"He's good, you can see the daily improvement, but he is not good"
??????????????

Wes Bunting from NFL has his "winners" from the Senior Bowl and Shring Game weeks:

All-stars who helped their draft stock | National Football Post

I'm sometimes confused by Bunting's calls. For example, he has this to say about UMass OL Vlad Ducasse: "Speaking of rising offensive linemen, no one may have done more for himself the past two weeks than Ducasse. He was a downright dominating offensive tackle at the 1-AA level last season, but his ability to significantly improve every day at the Senior Bowl and follow his practices with an impressive game is what really stood out. The guy possesses a thick lower half, good natural power and impressive athletic ability for his size. He’s a lineman who could start at either tackle or guard spots in the NFL and will add a lot of talent and versatility to whatever NFL team drafts him." While Ducasse played ok in the Senior Bowl game and showed flashes of raw ability, he also showed how very raw his is, and how limited his lateral mobility is. I certainly wouldn't call him a "riser" based on his Senior Bowl performance.

And I wouldn't call Jimmy Graham an obvious winner at the Senior Bowl, either. He didn't hurt himself, but I don't see him as a fast riser by an means.

Meanwhile, there was no mention of Dan Williams, Alex Carrington, or Koa Misi from the Senior Bowl, or Freddie Barnes from the Shrine Game.

Am I the only one confused by this type of write up,,
"He's good, you can see the daily improvement, but he is not good"
??????????????
Bunting is an original. :cool:

Terps safety Skinner sets sights on NFL
And, while the Senior Bowl appears to have helped his cause, Skinner is looking forward to another chance to showcase himself in front of NFL scouts.
-----
Skinner has a 6-foot-9 wingspan, and has registered a 36-inch vertical jump.

“I feel like I’m going to test very well at the combine,” Skinner said. “I think I can run a 4.4 [in the 40-yard dash] and have a vertical jump in the high 30’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes