PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Senior Bowl 2017

Either we are getting smarter, or the draftnicks aren't trying as hard.

Tbh I look at everything I can find, read and watch but don't value more than 4-5 peoples opinions if that.

Literally all those guys have been brought up by all of us months ago. In a lot of cases 2 years ago lol.

Like these 2 guys
The player I was perhaps the most curious about going in was Damontae Kazee from San Jose State, and to his credit, he was the fastest cornerback there (both to my eyes and the Catapult Sports data collected through chips in players’ pads). He played well, but I don’t think any corner played better than Rasul Douglas from West Virginia.

Makes you wanna check someone?

Check out @HoodBibIe's Tweet:

Yet to watch the game but Zay Jones is really impressive. My kind of WR so great job guys. Rahul Douglas is going to go to Seattle, Jacksonville or Atlanta so give up on that dream :) . He fits their CB profile perfectly.

Can I give this a dislike? :p

Has anyone seen Zay Jones' almost TD catch in the game?

I suspect he's playing himself out of reach for where the Psts might logically draft him. Higher end of the 2nd round? He might not have the athleticism of a high pick necessarily but in terms of skillset, he's thoroughly impressive.

Has anyone seen Zay Jones' almost TD catch in the game?

I suspect he's playing himself out of reach for where the Psts might logically draft him. Higher end of the 2nd round? He might not have the athleticism of a high pick necessarily but in terms of skillset, he's thoroughly impressive.

I suspect he will run low 4.5s with average other traits. My first mock had him at 42, the last at 102. When it's all said and done, somewhere in between will probably be accurate.

I suspect he will run low 4.5s with average other traits. My first mock had him at 42, the last at 102. When it's all said and done, somewhere in between will probably be accurate.

I can see him go in the Sterling Shepard range. Has the potential to be one of the best #2's in the game.

I can see him go in the Sterling Shepard range. Has the potential to be one of the best #2's in the game.

There are some parallels for sure. I think shephard was a slightly better athlete, with a good deal more hype.

Interested to see how the shall school bias effects him.

End of the day, he's exactly what we should be looking for.

There are some parallels for sure. I think shephard was a slightly better athlete, with a good deal more hype.

Interested to see how the shall school bias effects him.

End of the day, he's exactly what we should be looking for.

Instead of whom? Amendola? I like him a lot, would be fine with drafting him but Hogan and Mitchell are our outside guys and there are only so many roster spots. How high would you take him. 64?

Instead of whom? Amendola? I like him a lot, would be fine with drafting him but Hogan and Mitchell are our outside guys and there are only so many roster spots. How high would you take him. 64?

I think amendola is going to be gone, so I think jones would play his role perfectly.

When I would be willing to draft him depends on what we do with JimmyG. If we only have our original picks, I would have a difficult time valuing receiver as our second highest need.

With extra picks, I would probably go a little higher than 64, but not too crazy.

I'd like to bring Floyd back on a 1yr deal. He's gonna get suspended 4-6 games.
Would mike sense for both sides for him to return to Pats. I'd like to hit the defense
heavily in this draft.

I think amendola is going to be gone, so I think jones would play his role perfectly.

When I would be willing to draft him depends on what we do with JimmyG. If we only have our original picks, I would have a difficult time valuing receiver as our second highest need.

With extra picks, I would probably go a little higher than 64, but not too crazy.

He's a different type of receiver to Amendola though right? Jones is more of an outside #2 guy. Keep Edelman in the slot?

I'd like to bring Floyd back on a 1yr deal. He's gonna get suspended 4-6 games.
Would mike sense for both sides for him to return to Pats. I'd like to hit the defense
heavily in this draft.

I wouldn't object to that, but Zay Jones is really impressive. I'm not convinced there's a roster spot for him, but he's a quality guy to have on the roster for the next four years. In terms of pure WR skills, he's one of the better ones I've seen.

He's a different type of receiver to Amendola though right? Jones is more of an outside #2 guy. Keep Edelman in the slot?

I think jones will be able to play outside, but I picture him a lot inside to start his career.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back