PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Senior Bowl 2017

Nice speed from Riley. Undersized, but fast and aggressive.

This only endears me more to Douglas:

Some video of Douglas. Two pass breakups in a row.

Check out @BuccsOnFire's Tweet: out @SportsGuyTweets's Tweet: out @ColeThompson32's Tweet:

My biggest concern is J/Wills pass pro. Kid is a fierce runner but has to clean that up.

Duke will contribute somewhere doing something. S/T's, Sub package. Darboh making $.

Big fan of Douglas on the outside.

Been saying for months. Why draft/over draft Tankersley when you can have R.D.?

With Willis, it's the same it's always been. He's got all the physical attributes you look for, but he just doesn't bend or redirect well. He's kind of stiff and it makes him one-dimensional. I think he's got potential, but there will be other prospects available who could contribute more quickly in our scheme, based on what I've seen.

I haven't watched him but how does he compare to Shane Ray because he's done well enough but was called stiff?

Nice speed from Riley. Undersized, but fast and aggressive.

This only endears me more to Douglas:

Riley had a monster game vs Alabama. My first underdog binkie of the year.
He's also a monster ST-er.

Of course with Roberts, Van Noy and Mingo on the team .. this might not be on top of the Pats list.

Funny enough one of the mocks has Pats taking Riley in rd 2!

Last edited:
I haven't watched him but how does he compare to Shane Ray because he's done well enough but was called stiff?

Very different players. Ray is smaller and plays with coordination. He might not have excellent bend or the cliche loose hips, but he's aggressive and takes a beeline for the QB. His limbs move in concert. He is pretty explosive despite mediocre testing numbers. I didn't like Ray and I'm still not a big fan. I don't think he's a solo game change r, even though he's had sack production. His tenacity and violence win some battles, and across from Miller that's been enough. He had 4 sacks his rookie year and 8 this year. I think that's probably his ceiling, although in that scheme he may hit double digit one year of his career. Still, he's young and tough, and seems to be improving, so he could still develop.

Willis might only be listed as an inch taller and 15 pounds heavier, but he looks like he's twice Ray's size. He lumbers. He doesn't show good balance. He ends up on the ground, gets ridden past the pocket, struggles to get off blocks, etc. Now I think most of it is coaching; he plays hard and sometimes you'll see flashes of good technique and shocking speed. He has more upside than Ray if he can unlock his potential. That's the infuriating part of his eval, because I really want to like him, but he's just not ready to contribute.

On the plus side, he's a film junkie. His coaches absolutely love him. Glowing reviews from inside the program. There are a lot of positives and Willis could end up being very good in the right situation. All of his flaws are correctable through coaching and if he gets into a good condition program that emphasises pliability. Haha. ;)

I'd love to get him into my gym and teach him how to move. I've already got my 15 month old climbing boxes, swinging from bars, working on summersaults, and learning tight rope. I could work wonders with someone like Willis if he wanted to improve his mobility, balance, and explosion.

McDermott finished last year with top 20 hype. He had a tough match with Myles Garrett to start the year, and has steadily dropped in the rankings. I still think he's a good player, though, and I'd love to see what Scar could do with him.

Check out @Marcus_Mosher's Tweet:

Jonnu Smith/TE/Florida International: After Howard and Engram, Smith was probably the most complete tight end at the Senior Bowl. He’s a tremendous pass catcher who looks like a big possession receiver as he moves through the secondary to come away with the contested catch. His blocking was better than advertised in both effort and results. Smith exceeded expectation and moved into the middle rounds with his Senior Bowl performance.

Watched this guy last night. He looks fast in the open field. A development prospect at most but a very intriguing one.

Who is watching?

Zay Jones is gonna be a first rounder if he has a decent Combine.

Zay Jones interviews really well. He was asked about overcoming the small school bias, and unsolicited he mentioned that Cooper Kupp was in the same position, and teams who pass on Kupp in the first round are making a huge mistake. Thought it was a nice gesture from him to give props to someone who is essentially the competition in the job interview.

Oh, and his game was pretty decent, too. ;)

Yet to watch the game but Zay Jones is really impressive. My kind of WR so great job guys. Rahul Douglas is going to go to Seattle, Jacksonville or Atlanta so give up on that dream :) . He fits their CB profile perfectly.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back