PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi-OT: Steelers Quest for Perfection. What would you like to see happen?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What do you want to see happen with the Steelers

• Lose a game ASAP

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Go 16-0, then lose their first playoff game

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Go 16-0, then lose in Super Bowl

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Go 19-0, just to shut up Mercury Morris and the rest of the 72 Dolphins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rob Ninkovich details why the Patriots didn’t win the Super Bowl in 2007 (yahoo.com)

According to former Patriots defensive end Rob Ninkovich, the Steelers should lose a game to alleviate pressure in the playoffs.

“I felt that pressure relieve,” Ninkovich said on ESPN’s Get Up. “Because a perfect season doesn’t mean anything unless you win the Super Bowl.

“That 2007 Patriot team, I feel, If they would have lost maybe one game in the regular season and didn’t have that pressure of being perfect going into the playoffs, I think they would have won the Super Bowl.”

His opinion. Mine is Tomase's reprehensible hit job article on Super Bowl weekend was too big of a distraction that no team would be able to overcome.

Right, I think it's been mentioned by players on the team that the pressure was very much real, but even still they were an Asante Samuel INT away from accomplishing this despite the pressure.

I’d like to see them finish 11-5 or 12-4 with a victory over the Bills.
The original post was made when the Steelers were 11-0 with no signs of stopping. It’s crazy to think they did finish 12-4 and their playoff run fizzled in the first game.

The original post was made when the Steelers were 11-0 with no signs of stopping. It’s crazy to think they did finish 12-4 and their playoff run fizzled in the first game.

Tomlin is now the coach of one of the greatest regular season collapses in NFL history.

Tomlin is now the coach of one of the greatest regular season collapses in NFL history.

I hate to say it but I do see some similarities to the 2019 Patriots.

The 2019 Patriots went into mid season 8-0 and fielding statistically what was one of the BEST defenses in history. Sure, the offense wasn't hitting on cylinders but there was a period when the defense and special teams were scoring more touchdowns than they were giving up. There was 16-0 discussion and then all of us a sudden the clock struck midnight. After starting 8-0 they finished 4-4 with some uncharacteristic home losses.....then of course another home loss in the playoffs. So as much as I hate the Steelers, in a way I can 'feel their pain'.

It is crazy to think how badly they 'hit the wall' though. I suppose we could look at their unorthodox season (all the schedule changes from COVID, not having a 'true bye week') as a cause......and this is coming from someone who would like to give them no excuses.

I hate to say it but I do see some similarities to the 2019 Patriots.

The 2019 Patriots went into mid season 8-0 and fielding statistically what was one of the BEST defenses in history. Sure, the offense wasn't hitting on cylinders but there was a period when the defense and special teams were scoring more touchdowns than they were giving up. There was 16-0 discussion and then all of us a sudden the clock struck midnight. After starting 8-0 they finished 4-4 with some uncharacteristic home losses.....then of course another home loss in the playoffs. So as much as I hate the Steelers, in a way I can 'feel their pain'.

It is crazy to think how badly they 'hit the wall' though. I suppose we could look at their unorthodox season (all the schedule changes from COVID, not having a 'true bye week') as a cause......and this is coming from someone who would like to give them no excuses.

It would be more appropriate to connect COVID disruptions to their 11-0 start than to their 1-5 finish.

It would be more appropriate to connect COVID disruptions to their 11-0 start than to their 1-5 finish.

They lucked out with some Covidness letting them face a depleted Baltimore team, among others.

We have an emoji for that around here.
Haha, yes, I don’t know why I find it a little harsh like it ‘going against your scorecard’ or something. My response expresses the same thing but kept it ‘ off the grid’. Crazy I know

I don't think they will go a perfect season, I predict the Browns will knocked them off in the playoffs.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Back