PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi-OT: Brady to Retire? (UPDATE: RETIRED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pretzels people will twist themselves into to claim Bill didn't make a mistake is comical.

The pretzels people twist themselves into to claim Brady was exclusively responsible for 20 years of Patriots success ... And, that having a veritable all-star team around him didn't factor into his Tampa Super Bowl win. It's comical.

There was no Mac when Bill let/allowed Brady to go. Mac wasn’t here. Stidham and Hoyer were. It was a mistake knowing what we knew then. The team had no successor when that decision was made. They deliberately chose not to be competitive over the alternative which was title contention. For what reasons who knows.

Like what Miami is about to experience letting their coach go with no successor.

BB’s blunder can become moot if Mac is for real. Too soon to say if he is.
This is just silly fan boy talk. Brady had two or three seasons left. The patriots wouldn’t have won the Super Bowl in those two years. We wouldn’t have Mac and Brady would have retired on a down note. It ended up being the best for both parties. Time to put on those big boy pants SB

I'm telling you. This is a ploy to get out of Tampa. Reuniting with Josh or something.

The pretzels people twist themselves into to claim Brady was exclusively responsible for 20 years of Patriots success ... And, that having a veritable all-star team around him didn't factor into his Tampa Super Bowl win. It's comical.
Cry Crying GIF by Rhymesayers

I hope he retires a Patriot, it would be an absolute Shame if he retires as a Buc.

I already went through the grieving and mourning phase with Brady a few years ago, so this is barely affecting me, if at all. Maybe it's the 15" of snow I've just shoveled (with more to go) and the booze in between each stint.

Once there's some tribute video down the line or during the number retirement, then it'll be Niagara Falls Frankie Angel.

Damn. A great day but a sad one.

So much for my Gisele theory.
I‘m usually the one who comes up with a whopper.
When I seen that one I knew you found some good gummies

The guy wanted to retire when he sucked, problem was he would have had to play until he was 60. Do not think the league will see his like again for a long time. Ability plus killer competitive fire. The game was very rare where Brady did not think he could win until the final whistle

I’m a little surprised, thought he would go one more year.

But I’m with others, this was the first year I saw him look…. maybe inconsistent is the best term? He was still one of the best QBs in the NFL this year. But there were a few WTF passes from him that I’ve never seen before, the last playoff game really coming to mind. I still think he could have played next year and remained one of the best even if not at his peak. But he’s certainly earned this. I wish he hadn‘t left here, but I’m not deluding myself into thinking we would have won the SB in 2020 or 2021 with him either. Hope he has a great, long, and fulfilling retirement.

He can't retire a patriot unless the bucs release him. He's under contract.

And frankly I think that's his play to get out of the contract.

Yep he's done. Schefter just confirmed it.

Am is on the chiefs and Bucs forums. He only comes on here occasionally

I‘m usually the one who comes up with a whopper.
When I seen that one I knew you found some good gummies
LOL. Yea I had a couple of glasses of wine in me...

I do think those two play of each other in the media etc and I do wonder how Tom will adjust to civilian life and how that will impact their marriage.

Sounds like it's what he wants...I hope.

From TB12

Anyway, hope the GOAT enjoys retirement.

1643486860317.png

Wow, the whole thing is pretty surreal. All I can say is thank you Tom for contributing to six world championships and a lot of happy memories. See you in Canton even though they should waive the waiting period and put you in today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes