PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi-OT: Brady selling massive LA home

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's good to be the King.

What a waste of money. They spent years building that thing and it just got completed within the last year or two....and now they're selling it? Going to be very difficult to get 40 million for that.

What a waste of money. They spent years building that thing and it just got completed within the last year or two....and now they're selling it? Going to be very difficult to get 40 million for that.

Don't bet on it. The high end Los Angeles realty market is exploding. I wouldn't doubt if he makes a good profit on it.

It's good to be the King.

2603.gif

You know how much $$ homes go for in Calabasas? Big gated communities ect
Corey Dillon has a house there, Cameron Diaz and the list goes on and on...

I don't know if this is the same town..but it's like that area..then yes...they will get lots for it...

Wow.. surprising that they're choosing to call Boston home.

In a way, this is going to fuel speculation that Brady will enter politics after he's finished with football.

No better place to start than where you're treated like the king.

There's no QB I'd rather have on the Pats than Brady, and they are of course free to spend their money any way they see fit. But I think it's kind of silly for them to talk about how important it is to be environmentally responsible, and yet they go and build a gigantic house furnished with stuff they flew to Paris and Belgium to pick out, then flew back to LA, and had all that stuff shipped back as well. Think of the carbon footprint all for a chandelier, when they could have gotten something from a local vendor. Yes it would still be shipped from where ever it was made, but there would not be multiple trips between California and Europe to pick out a light fixture.

Like I said, spend your money however you want. But this "do as I say not as I do" crap from celebrities and politicians is getting old.

I don't know if this is the same town..but it's like that area..then yes...they will get lots for it...

It's Brentwood, between Beverly Hills and the Ocean. His neighbors (not like he's anywhere near anyone) are Arnold Schwarzennegger and Heidi Klum.

These people are in a whole different league from us mere mortals, I wouldn't worry at all about them profiting from that property one way or another.

Calabasas rarely has homes the price of Bel Air especially in this range. But houses in the Platinum Triangle (Bel Air, Beverly Hills, and Holmby Hills) go for eight figures all the time.

His wife probably gets half that for every photo shoot she does. Doubt it effects them in the slightest even if they had it bulldozed.

Someone will buy it, the fact that it was 2 of the biggest superstars former residence will probably add value to it as well.

I'm pretty happy about the fact that he's going to call Boston home now, though. I wonder if it's just grown on him or if it's an even deeper commitment (if thats possible) to do even more in the off season after an AFC title and falling short in consecutive Championship games?

In a way, this is going to fuel speculation that Brady will enter politics after he's finished with football.

Interesting if true. Politics would be the last thing I would want to get into if I were Brady. Don't make any political statements and just live as a living legend forever in New England.

Man one little earthquake and they bail!

...and hundreds of PatsFans fanboys got collective wood as they wait patiently outside in the bushes near Brady's house....

First thing that popped in my head when I heard this story was this probably means theirs a FO job with the team waiting for Brady.

Regardless of the scale, devoting years to designing and building your custom-tailored dream home then moving almost immediately is unusual, to say the least. Usually you only see that with a sudden change in other life circumstances.

How long did they "live" there? A few months?

Good grief. Must be nice to fling money around like that.

Still love both of them though.

I'll have to get my real estate agent on the horn so he can talk turkey with them over price. I don't want it to take longer than it needs to in order to close on that bad boy.

Could be a lot of things going on. Certainly, modeling is East Coast NYC based.

Then there's the Patriots, and finally his son in LA. His ex-wife is getting to the age where Hollywood actresses are shunted to the side never to be seen again. Anyone seen Demi Moore lately? Maybe she's headed to NYC herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes