PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi-OT: Atlanta has fired HC Dan Quinn and GM Tom Dimitroff

Makes a Julio mid-season grab easier i hope lol.
You want the oft-injured "shiny hood ornament" and his bloated salary to crush this team's cap management for years to come?

You want the oft-injured "shiny hood ornament" and his bloated salary to crush this team's cap management for years to come?
Not what I want. Wouldn't crush the cap as it would be a half season rental. With him and are current roster we can go far. Just a thought though. I don't invest emotional energy on sports lol

Not what I want. Wouldn't crush the cap as it would be a half season rental. With him and are current roster we can go far. Just a thought though. I don't invest emotional energy on sports lol
His 2021 salary is fully guaranteed. . . .

As far as I’m concerned, Casserio can leave. From an outsiders view, my perception is that he really wants to go to Houston. It may be off because of media coverage, but at this point I really don’t want to hear about the connection anymore. Btw, if it weren’t true I’m sure he has the right to squash it, but he hasn’t so off with his head in a firing sort of way.

It seems like every single year we have to hear about Caserio to the Texans. At this point let him go if he wants to go.

That's a pretty big acceleration for a team without a lot of wiggle room... But hey, they want to drop Matt Ryan, be good for us... He'd find his way to SF most likely...

That about sums it up.

Dimitroff built a team good enough to win a SB but there were some terrible choices in that game on the part of the ATL players and the coaching staff.

I'd be stoked if they brought him back. I also have Caserio to the Texans fatigue.

Dimitroff built a team good enough to win a SB but there were some terrible choices in that game on the part of the ATL players and the coaching staff.

I'd be stoked if they brought him back. I also have Caserio to the Texans fatigue.
biggest issue with TD is the roster management... he has really put the team in a bind with some poorly executed contracts... really has limited quality depth and roster flexibility ... I half think BB taking Sanu last year was as a favor to TD

I know it's a pretty stale take, but I still can't believe Arthur Blank let this roll for three and a half years after 28-3.

Ok, fine, I could see rolling it back for one year just to see what you had or didn't have.

After the following bad season, he should have pulled the plug.

Ryan and Jones really shouldn't be going anywhere before 2022. Their dead money is crazy. Ryan's dead money is almost $50 Million and Jones' dead money is $38.5 Million. That would be almost 45% of the 2021 salary cap - if the 2021 cap is even that high.

Ryan and Jones really shouldn't be going anywhere before 2022. Their dead money is crazy. Ryan's dead money is almost $50 Million and Jones' dead money is $38.5 Million. That would be almost 45% of the 2021 salary cap - if the 2021 cap is even that high.
Both could be bought out if they agree to a trade somewhere to lessen the cap hit.

Quinn is a decent defensive coordinator. Someone will pick him up in the offseason.

dimitroff needs to go back to scouting for some team.

he does people solids all the time ... so maybe

as for me ... eh

A 2nd rounder isn't a solid. It's "ok we'll take Sanu off of your hands now and in 18 months you trade me Julio Jones or let me sleep with your sister" territory.

dimitroff needs to go back to scouting for some team.

He has made enough money to the point where I'd be shocked if he doesn't go the "special advisor" route or just joins the media. I am not sure that he would go back a few steps and actually be a scout again.

It's about time.

They need to move on from Matt Ryan as well.
No. Ryan is a good quarterback. I've compared him to Bledsoe before and I think the comparison is apt. The guy won't carry you very often but give him some support and he'll win games for you.

Shows that very few teams are looking for long term success. They put all their eggs in the 2016 basket and had they not blown the lead, everyone would’ve been happy.

BB’s economics & looking ahead are not praised enough.
The difference between BB and the 31 is that BB wants to win next year too.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back