PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seeding Play

At the end of the day going seven games may have been helpful to the Celtics. Their ability to really overcome adversity in the playoffs remained in question. To come back from the miracle three and double OT games to advance makes them better. Can't have anymore of these disappearing acts from Kemba though.

going at it with lowery took its toll .... Walker put much more work into defending than usual ... prob threw off his offense.....also what’s the deal with the floor down there? Lots of slipping in step backs.....won’t get the same kind of beating from dragic and nunn

going at it with lowery took its toll .... Walker put much more work into defending than usual ... prob threw off his offense.....also what’s the deal with the floor down there? Lots of slipping in step backs.....won’t get the same kind of beating from dragic and nunn
I'm surprised that there hasn't been more injuries with all the awkward slips and falls.

I just went on the realgm Celtics forum and holy hell. Same a hole dudes who wanted Tatum and Brown shipped out and called me a moron for calling them on it are now circle bleeping themselves about just how great they are.

Frauds. I might create a burner account there just to rub that crap in. I can go back and grab all the posts from these clowns.

Well, that was a rough series, but at least we won.

I have high respect for Erik Spoelstra and that entire Miami organization for their competence, but I think it would be a disappointment if Boston doesn't win this series. Jimmy Butler is not as difficult of a matchup compared to all the LeBron teams we've faced previously.

I'm sure you were rooting for Toronto anyway seeing as the Heat stand a better chance against them than the C's. :whistle:
I honestly don’t care. It’s not like it’s going to matter. The Lakers or Clippers are winning it this year.

I wouldn't say that just yet. Hayward looks close to a return and Miami isn't the defensive team Toronto is. I like that matchup much better than this one.

??? We are an excellent defensive team. We just don’t sit in the paint for an hour like Toronto does.

Well, that was a rough series, but at least we won.

I have high respect for Erik Spoelstra and that entire Miami organization for their competence, but I think it would be a disappointment if Boston doesn't win this series. Jimmy Butler is not as difficult of a matchup compared to all the LeBron teams we've faced previously.

Toronto was a good warmup....going to have to defend the perimeter again

Toronto was a good warmup....going to have to defend the perimeter again

Yeah, fire to frying pan. Great basketball to watch.
To @KontradictioN's point, the LA teams look like big favorites, but nobody is playing defense in the west like Boston, Toronto, and Miami. So there may be a surprise there when that intensity shows up in the finals.

I honestly don’t care. It’s not like it’s going to matter. The Lakers or Clippers are winning it this year.

??? We are an excellent defensive team. We just don’t sit in the paint for an hour like Toronto does.

I wouldn't say great, but very good. Yeah Toronto..I dunno wtf is up with them and what they get away with. It will be a very good series, but I think they have an answer for Butler in Jaylen specifically that I remember them working out together.

Miami will be a tough out. Butler and Bam are both tough defensive stalwarts like Smart. Spoelstra has repeatedly gotten more put of Miami teams than people ever thought.

Not convinced of this. I would definitely favor both LA teams but I haven't been super impressed by either in the bubble. Still better than BOS & MIA but in a championship series I think we are talking Game 6 at least. Or at least thats how I'd view it if it were the Celtics. I can't speak too much for MIA on that yet.

Perhaps if we joined forces and became the Heltics the East might prevail over the western powers. :rofl:

Miami is technically sound on both sides of the court. They definitely have a chance to win this series.

I like the matchup better than the Toronto series, I also like that Miami doesn’t have the poor sportmanship to have multiple players defending in the key. That was a horse%^*+ move by the raptors and a disgraceful job by the refs for allowing it. Boston was clearly in control and ready to clean their clocks.

My prediction is Boston in 7 in a very close series. Although I wouldn’t be surprised if they rolled us in 6 either. It’s two very good teams that earned their way to this conference championship.

My two unsung heroes in Toronto's series are
Theis and Smart. Their defense helped us to survive this series.

My two unsung heroes in Toronto's series are
Theis and Smart. Their defense helped us to survive this series.

those 2 got plenty of kudos from the announcers ... I think the bench (the 3 W’s) outperformed expectation

The Lakers advance. I don't know if the Clippers or anyone coming out of the East can stop them at this point.

I wouldn't say great, but very good. Yeah Toronto..I dunno wtf is up with them and what they get away with. It will be a very good series, but I think they have an answer for Butler in Jaylen specifically that I remember them working out together.
Thing is, Butler isn’t our only scorer. Look at Game 2 against Milwaukee when Giannis was still healthy. They shut Jimmy down and still lost the game. I think the Celtics are definitely the favorites in the series but we’re going to be a pain in the ass for you unless the rooks just fall apart.

raptors and Celtics are 1 and 2 in the nba defensively

NBA Defense Team Rankings - 2020 Defensive Rankings

dragic/nunn/herro aren’t as defensively capable as l
Herro’s defense has improved since the restart. Nunn and Robinson are our two biggest defensive liabilities. I think this will be the series Walker finally shows up in. He’s who I really don’t think we can guard. I don’t see one player on the Heat who can match up with him, if healthy.

The Lakers advance. I don't know if the Clippers or anyone coming out of the East can stop them at this point.
Don’t want the Lakers tying the Celtics in titles so I would prefer that didn’t happen.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back