Reaction score
Per ESPN Seau is expected to sign with the pats this week

re: Seau expected to Sign

dign? dont know about that but he is signing :--) this week

(I corrected the title - Shmessy)

Last edited by a moderator:

Well, if he's healthy...

Don't want him taking too many reps from Guyton and Mayo though.

wow...........good news for the pats...................

Re: Seau expected to dign

Might not be earth-shattering from an on-the-field POV, but I think having another season of Seau on the practice field and in the locker room will be very positive for super sophs Guyton & Mayo.

by by 37 year old galloway hello 40 year old seau lol

Re: Seau expected to Sign

Eh, he's a scrub.

He couldn't tackle that bull last week. It just ran over him.

Adam Seward would have nailed it.

WTF? Whose roster spot is he going to take?

WTF? Whose roster spot is he going to take?

Dan Connolly? Kendall Simmons? Bret Lockett? Rob Ninkovich? Joey Galloway?

Schefter tweeted about Seau signing this week.. Sounds like it would end up being 12 games plus 3 more in the play-offs if he does sign.. That's a bit more than the 6 games he said previously.

As for who's spot he'd take, Could be Connolly. I doubt its Galloway, but it could be. Could be BJGE. Could be Lockett.

he really really wants a ring. I hope they can get it for him. I wonder if he will be able to play more than 15-20 snaps a game at his age.

Eh, he's a scrub.

He couldn't tackle that bull last week. It just ran over him.

Adam Seward would have nailed it.

Adam would have tackled it, cut it up, cooked it, fed it to the hungry and never asked for thanks.

Clayton dropped the last pass because there was a definite Adam Seward feeling in the stadium today and Clayton felt it and he feared it.

I'd say Simmons given that he hasn't played since he signed with the team...I dunno, I guess we'll find out this week.

Schefter tweeted about Seau signing this week.. Sounds like it would end up being 12 games plus 3 more in the play-offs if he does sign.. That's a bit more than the 6 games he said previously.

As for who's spot he'd take, Could be Connolly. I doubt its Galloway, but it could be. Could be BJGE. Could be Lockett.

Exactly why I don't think it's going to happen now. He probably couldn't do 12 games. Besides if he's going to sign why wait a few days. Just do it now.

As far as who's getting cut, I don't think it will be Connolly since he's been active in ST. Probably Lockett with Slater back.

Adam Schefter (Adam_Schefter) on Twitter

Junior Seau expected back this week, Jeremiah Trotter already back, why wouldn't Derrick Brooks be far behind? 24 minutes ago from web

Some stories and players never get old. Barring unforseen, Patriots are expected to sign veteran 40-year-old LB Junior Seau this week. 31 minutes ago from web

Last edited:
I dunno - would've thought they'd wait until American Thanksgiving... this early. Maybe he'll break down as Mayo is ready to come back. OR maybe he does his crazy 12 gamer... he's quite the freak. Hope he's all done filming his new show.

I thought this team was getting faster. I don't know about this signing. I guess his veteran leadership may help out.

Gives Pats more flexibility in their defense. They've been going more 4-3 to date, with some 3-4 mixed in, along with sub packages. I think it's safe to say we won't be seeing Seau too much, if any, in 4-3 packages; not enough speed there. Instead, he'll probably be part of a 3-4 package that'll look like this:

LE - Warren/Sands/Brace
NT - Wilfork/Pryor
RE - Green/Wright

LOLB - Thomas/Burgess
SILB - Mayo/Seau
WILB - Guyton
ROLB - Banta-Cain/Woods

The 4-3 package will continue to look like this:

LE - Warren/Burgess
LDT - Wilfork/Sands/Brace
RDT - Wright/Pryor
RE - Green/Banta-Cain

SLB - Thomas
MLB - Mayo
WLB - Guyton/Woods

The sub/rush package will continue to look like this:

LE - Burgess
LDT - Warren
RDT - Green
RE - Banta-Cain

LB - Thomas
LB - Mayo/Guyton

Not included are Ninkovich and Alexander, as they haven't really seen time on defense thus far.

So, I think we're basically going to see Seau as a Ted Johnson run-stopping type - kind of the same reason Sands was brought in. He'll certainly help out in the goal line/heavy packages and on running downs when TBC/Woods/Guyton/Burgess are off the field.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back