PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter Report: Falcons Plan to Hire Raheem Morris as Head Coach for 2024 season

I cannot celebrate Belichick not getting a job and ultimately facing embarrassment. This guy brought us six Super Bowl wins, three other appearances, and almost a yearly guarantee that the Pats were playing in the AFCCG. No, he didn't do it alone. We can argue forever how much he had to do with it and how much Brady did, but it is hard to deny he had a huge role.

Yes, his final years here were marred with bad decisions and controversy, but that doesn't change the dynasty run. I would love to see him end his career on a high point and not embarrassment and ridicule.
Agreed. I'd rather see Bill not coach, then continue to loose out on other opportunities. He's got nothing left to prove. His life was consumed by the NFL, he's part of NFL history. He made Brady a better player, and Brady made him a better coach IMO. But yes it's to bad the last few seasons went this way.

Newsflash there didn't see that coming I don't blame em one bit stop the presses.
Social Media Instagram GIF by INTO ACTION

What does it take to convince you that the Krafts are tied to Mac Jones? After they traded Garoppolo, we didn't draft Lamar Jackson despite the fact that there were articles about the Patriots having interest. That was also the year when the contract issues with Brady began (remember, Brady went on Ross's boat after that year, not after his last season in New England). Given the way Brady left and the suspicion the Krafts had that Garoppolo was going to push Brady out, they just don't like having 2 QBs on the team. They don't run it like the Packers.
They aren’t, they didn’t want to trade Mac after a bad year with woefully under qualified offensive staff. They didn’t prevent Bill bringing in a competent backup.

Lol

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
I cannot celebrate Belichick not getting a job and ultimately facing embarrassment. This guy brought us six Super Bowl wins, three other appearances, and almost a yearly guarantee that the Pats were playing in the AFCCG. No, he didn't do it alone. We can argue forever how much he had to do with it and how much Brady did, but it is hard to deny he had a huge role.

Yes, his final years here were marred with bad decisions and controversy, but that doesn't change the dynasty run. I would love to see him end his career on a high point and not embarrassment and ridicule.
Belichick's own stubbornness is what cost him the Atlanta job. It's clear from reports he was demanding too much control over personnel decisions and the Falcons didn't want to deal with a tyrant who wanted to control everything. They wanted a head coach and they would have given him the job if he was willing to bend and he wasn't. Bill wanted to clean house and set everything up his own way.

“(Falcons owner) Arthur Blank wanted to hire Bill Belichick the head coach,” Breer said. “And it wasn’t the money. I think he was willing to pay him. It was everything else that was going to have to happen. And the amount of people around him that Bill’s going to need here. And the amount of people that might be outgoing because of it.

“And I think people in that building knew, like, ‘Hey, if Bill comes here, I probably won’t be here for much longer.’ So those people wind up getting in Blank’s ear. … I think more than anything else it was the fact that Bill wanted the thing set up a certain way and Blank wasn’t comfortable with that, especially for a guy who might only be around for a year or two.”

NESN Article: Why Falcons Ultimately Decided To Pass On Hiring Bill Belichick

So if anyone is responsible for "humiliation" it was BB's own pride that got in the way.

This does help explain why Kraft didn't go with the get a GM, relegate Bill to Head Coach route - Bill would never have accepted that arrangement over his own dead body. There's not much you can do about someone so set in their ways and entrenched in power except to let them go.

Especially when you can see how their poor job as the GM over the years has destroyed your talent on the offensive side of the ball. It was time for BB to go.

With the Falcons, we see a specific example of a team who desperately needed a new head coach, but for good reasons felt reluctant to give BB the "key to the city" and decided to hire another candidate for their head coach job instead.

Belichick's own stubbornness is what cost him the Atlanta job. It's clear from reports he was demanding too much control over personnel decisions and the Falcons didn't want to deal with a tyrant who wanted to control everything. They wanted a head coach and they would have given him the job if he was willing to bend and he wasn't. Bill wanted to clean house and set everything up his own way.

“(Falcons owner) Arthur Blank wanted to hire Bill Belichick the head coach,” Breer said. “And it wasn’t the money. I think he was willing to pay him. It was everything else that was going to have to happen. And the amount of people around him that Bill’s going to need here. And the amount of people that might be outgoing because of it.

“And I think people in that building knew, like, ‘Hey, if Bill comes here, I probably won’t be here for much longer.’ So those people wind up getting in Blank’s ear. … I think more than anything else it was the fact that Bill wanted the thing set up a certain way and Blank wasn’t comfortable with that, especially for a guy who might only be around for a year or two.”

NESN Article: Why Falcons Ultimately Decided To Pass On Hiring Bill Belichick

So if anyone is responsible for "humiliation" it was BB's own pride that got in the way.

This does help explain why Kraft didn't go with the get a GM, relegate Bill to Head Coach route - Bill would never have accepted that arrangement over his own dead body. There's not much you can do about someone so set in their ways and entrenched in power except to let them go.

Especially when you can see how their poor job as the GM over the years has destroyed your talent on the offensive side of the ball. It was time for BB to go.

With the Falcons, we see a specific example of a team who desperately needed a new head coach, but for good reasons felt reluctant to give BB the "key to the city" and decided to hire another candidate for their head coach job instead.
Rich McKay **** his pants again. I hope the Falcon fans enjoy it.

We have a fan base (I don't consider this board a representation of Patriot fans any more. Liars come in groups to destroy a false hope narrative.).

I just hope this anti BB crowd are just as vindictive against Mayo on draft night and during free agency.

It's a shame, have your QB first with another team, then abandon you after mailing it in the following season? COVID, losing the record # of players to COVID and retirement.

Having Mac Jones forced on you? There is nothing there. BB knew it, Josh knew it. Kraft was in the war room. This has been going downhill since Brady turned into a crybaby diva.

Context: Leaders compared at they're prime:
"We played like a bunch of ****ies out there" Larry Bird

"I'm the most miserable 8-0 QB ever" Thomas Brady. Then he got on the Dolphins owners boat. And you

They aren’t, they didn’t want to trade Mac after a bad year with woefully under qualified offensive staff. They didn’t prevent Bill bringing in a competent backup.
Anyone they would've brought in would not be an improvement over Zappe. Don't mention Mayfield because he'd want assurances of a chance to start, and the Patriots brass would never undercut Mac Jones like that.

Atlanta and others staying with the HC's is a lot like when the Jim Buss Lakers were very dysfunctional and he didn't want Phil Jackson to return. He hired Mike D'Antoni.

Cowboys and Bills are making a very big mistake sticking with their HC's. McCarthy was mostly overmatched in his playoff appearances with Aaron Rodgers (aside from 2010), but he's going to get back to the SB with Prescott? McDermott can't slow down a depleted Chiefs team and continues to lose to them. Would you rather have a short window of being relevant or continue on the same path you are on? Atlanta is still weird for hiring Morris, but they are doing Bill a favor as they don't have a QB.

Rich McKay **** his pants again. I hope the Falcon fans enjoy it.

We have a fan base (I don't consider this board a representation of Patriot fans any more. Liars come in groups to destroy a false hope narrative.).

I just hope this anti BB crowd are just as vindictive against Mayo on draft night and during free agency.

It's a shame, have your QB first with another team, then abandon you after mailing it in the following season? COVID, losing the record # of players to COVID and retirement.

Having Mac Jones forced on you? There is nothing there. BB knew it, Josh knew it. Kraft was in the war room. This has been going downhill since Brady turned into a crybaby diva.

Context: Leaders compared at they're prime:
"We played like a bunch of ****ies out there" Larry Bird

"I'm the most miserable 8-0 QB ever" Thomas Brady. Then he got on the Dolphins owners boat. And you
spiderman-crying.gif

A Patriot fan is saddened with the way it ended. No need to split hairs. A Patriot fan applauds the performance of both for the contributions of both. You're a real
piece of **** "Patriots Fan" if you think either one deserves platitudes over the other.
It's a game. They won the game together. I'll never see it as BB vs. TB. Ever. That's how I know I'm true Pats fan.

Keep shoveling dirt on your own grave, chump..

A Patriot fan is saddened with the way it ended. No need to split hairs. A Patriot fan applauds the performance of both for the contributions of both. You're a real
piece of **** "Patriots Fan" if you think either one deserves platitudes over the other.
It's a game. They won the game together. I'll never see it as BB vs. TB. Ever. That's how I know I'm true Pats fan.

A True Pats fan.
190urqb9xjfvxjpg.jpg

Kontradiction was the biggest Pats fan by far!

This makes literally no sense. What is it with people and this "true fan" cringe ****? You're a true fan according to the definition you came up with yourself.

I've seen him around at many events. Training camp, games, draft parties, and other things. Wonder what his thoughts are on things.
He's basically the Pats version of "Fireman Ed". He's been dressing like that since I've been watching in the 90's.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back