PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter Report: Falcons Plan to Hire Raheem Morris as Head Coach for 2024 season

This likely means Belichick and Vrabel do not get a job this cycle and will sit out at least a year.

You have to wonder if BB asked for more control and Atlanta said NO, so this is the result?

If Atlanta is a no go, could it be that BB's head coaching career is over, or at least on hiatus?

One article claims that BB could be moving to the analyst booth instead since he's not the leading candidate for either the Washington or the Seattle job.

Article: No indication Bill Belichick is in running for two remaining head coaching openings

If that happens, that's a LONG way to fall!

NO. Absofknlutely not.

Imagine being a Falcons fan and moving on from Arthur Smith (who had no business being a HC) to Raheem Morris.

It could be that owners are a wise bunch who make smart decisions like not being fooled by a coach whose best days are behind him ... or most of them are still as dumb as ever (football-wise).

Imagine being a Falcons fan and moving on from Arthur Smith (who had no business being a HC) to Raheem Morris.
Par for the course for falcons fans. Disappointment is all they’re used to.

It could be that owners are a wise bunch who make smart decisions like not being fooled by a coach whose best days are behind him ... or most of them are still as dumb as ever (football-wise).
It's a league wide thing. Carroll is even older than Belichick. But they are all going to extremely young coaches.

The problem is typically you have guys who try to reinvent the wheel, without even being able to capitalize on the wealth of knowledge the old guys are taking with them. A proper transition would be from an older HC to an HC in mid-career. Not a kid in his 30s. The idea that Bobby "Hill" Slowik was a candidate for anyone's position is patently absurd. The Canales guy that Carolina hired is ridiculous. Mike McDaniel better have an ACT2, because his timing offense has been disrupted.

I give guys like Baltimore's Harbaugh a lot of credit, because they are about to feast on a decade's worth of bad coaching.

This likely means Belichick and Vrabel do not get a job this cycle and will sit out at least a year.

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

I think Vrabel not getting the job is even weirder. He seems like such a good candidate to me? Why wouldn’t any of the teams want him?
The reasons for getting fired is my guess. Both Belichick and Vrabel got fired mainly because of GM related issues. No team with an existing GMs wants to deal with power hungry coaches in 2024.

Well, we disagree (coaching hire, well, specifically one coaching hire, Patricia yes, but for that thing to be determinative is crazy). The drafts pre-2020 were bad for 4 years, but there was a lot of wasted draft capital to put the team over the top before that. Last 4 years the drafts have been good/fine.
Nah.. 2019 is horrid. 2022 looks like another bust so far rivaling 2019.

2021 is so so. 2023 is prolly looking OK.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back