PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Bill Belichick & Patriots to Part Ways

WeApOnZ! I hope our new GM takes after the Falcons and only drafts WeApONz!
2022: AJ Brown, Devonta Smith, Travis Kelce
2021: Cooper Kupp, Odell Beckham, Ja'Marr Chase, Tee Higgins, Joe Mixon
2020: Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Rob Gronkowski, Antonio Brown, Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce
2019: Deebo Samuel, Raheem Mostert, George Kittle, Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce

Sure seems like post-Brady those WeApOnZ! sure help get you to a Super Bowl.

Thanx!

So, Vrabel is out of the picture?

Would it kill Brady to release a statement or make an IG post acknowledging Belichick?

I look forward to supporting Belichick wherever he coaches next. It was a special run in New England with him and Brady that I will never forget.

Because Miami hit lightning in a bottle, mostly due to stupid decisions by other teams.
It wasn't anything Miami's front office "created," it was handed to them. You don't think BB would dump that #3 pick in a heartbeat for the sweetheart deal Miami got?
And even then we all know they’re still going to **** up the playoffs in true miami style so who cares what they’ve done lol

Thanx!

So, Vrabel is out of the picture?
He claims it doesn’t make a difference. That said, it’s quite likely that one of Curran’s sources is Mayo himself as they worked together for a while. Possible Kraft is thinking about Vrabel and hasn’t told Mayo that….

I don't think it was amicable at all..

I am assuming this is sarcasm?
Nope, not sarcasm. I love Brady, obviously, and it doesn’t affect my overall opinion, but it would be nice for Brady to at least acknowledge the career of the guy who gave him his shot and believed in him.

Would it kill Brady to release a statement or make an IG post acknowledging Belichick?

He's not retiring (as of yet) and plans on continuing coaching.... Why would he? I could see if Bill was done with the game.

Nope, not sarcasm. I love Brady, obviously, and it doesn’t affect my overall opinion, but it would be nice for Brady to at least acknowledge the career of the guy who gave him his shot and believed in him.
I am sure it's coming. After the uproar over who did and didn't get mentioned in his retirement post I am sure he (and his team) are carefully crafting a statement. Last year he heaped tons of praise on Bill and what he meant to him so any potential of a Cold War was pretty much put to bed then. I am sure there is a great tribute coming.

Because Miami hit lightning in a bottle, mostly due to stupid decisions by other teams.
It wasn't anything Miami's front office "created," it was handed to them. You don't think BB would dump that #3 pick in a heartbeat for the sweetheart deal Miami got?

Belichick might have made the trade, but there is little chance he would have used two of the picks on Waddle and Hill.

I am sure it's coming. After the uproar over who did and didn't get mentioned in his retirement post I am sure he (and his team) are carefully crafting a statement. Last year he heaped tons of praise on Bill and what he meant to him so any potential of a Cold War was pretty much put to bed then. I am sure there is a great tribute coming.
Gotta retire first. Otherwise it's a good luck in your next venture post.

Time to commission a sculptor, to create a statue of Tom and Bill to be placed outside of the front entrance.
View attachment 55791View attachment 55792
Recreating one of these two in bronze would work for me.
There was a moment, I think it was the 2011 MNF opener in Miami, where Brady was coming off the field while the backup went and knelt the ball out. He was doing his fist-pumping f-bomb-dropping stuff as he walked by BB and BB kinda smirked and patted him on the back. That's the moment that sticks out to me the most between the two, I bet I could find it if I had that full game on replay

Tom Curran’s been banging the drum the last few days that it’s Mayo with Eliot Wolf as his GM and it’s been decided for a while now. Like, he’s been so adamant about this that it should be career ending if he’s wrong (but sadly that’s not how media operates nowadays). Anyway, we’ll see if he’s right.
He was right about decision on Bill being made after the Germany game. It took a few days to announce because they were working out details but its clear it was always going to happen.

He obviously has a new source inside Foxboro. Maybe Mayo?

So Miami's front office should get no credit for drafting Tua and then finding an innovative offensive coach (who a lot of people laughed at the hire) after it became clear the defensive minded coach wasn't making it a priority to develop the young QB? Or any credit for surrounding him with offensive talent by drafting Waddle, getting aggressive and trading for Tyreek, and signing Raheem Mostert? All just dumb luck I guess.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back