PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Bill Belichick & Patriots to Part Ways

I don’t know why, but I’m more emotional about Bill moving on than I was with Brady.

I’m sad about the news I wanted him back, but am excited about the future.

Change is scary, BB has been my comfort zone for a long time. Change was necessary, I get that too.

Yeah, I think it's the right time for this, but there's no doubt there's going to be some transitional pain. Belichick did so many things, we're now starting from scratch. That CAN be good, and in many ways I think it will. But for example, a poster above listed some of the amazing defensive games that Belichick has engineered here. You'd hope they're able to maintain some continuity on that side of the ball, but whoever it is isn't going to be as good as Belichick.

Also, how many times did we see undrafted corners turn into starters (Jon Jones, JC Jackson, Butler, hell even Bryant in a way), or edge players who were borderline special teamers on their old team turn into key contributors on Super Bowl defenses (Vrabel, Ninkovich, Van Noy, and though not on SB team, Tavai's development has been tremendous). There's no better teacher of the game than Bill, and I bet we see fewer of those longshot stories, at least at those positions. On the positive side, maybe we see more of those developments among wide receivers.

But it'll all be different. It'll all be weird. Just going to have to see where it goes. But anyone who thinks this is just a cure all for everything that's gone wrong the last few years is in for a rude awakening I think.

Malcolm Butler represents the best and worst of BB. Awesome prep for the Seahawks helping secure the win. Bizarre move to bench him, costing us a possible title against the Eagles.

Glad we’re moving on. Best of luck.

Suicide watch oh boy.
oh boy dunk GIF

Makes sense. It’s time to start a new era. This will be a fascinating offseason.
Absolutely 100% agreed. It's bittersweet, but it was time. So much work to do. Who's the next HC ? GM?

It’s hard to fanthom that the Patriots will have a real HC in Madden 25 !

I hope wherever he coaches next year, their head coach in Madden is called NE Head Coach.

very sad.. if Bill goes somewhere else I will be even sadder. F. Handy Bob

Reiss confirms.

End of an era.

they better have a plan in place.

And better pray it works.
Let's be honest BB wasn't going to Coach for three more years and even that is a huge stretch. We need a Young innovative mind here who's not biased to certain sides of the ball ie... Defense and ST's. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
As a lifelong pats fan thanks for everything bill. The next time Kraft brings him back to foxborough, it’ll be when bill has a statue outside Gillette. It’s been a hell of a ride
I think Bill will be here for Tom induction ! At least I hope

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back