PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Savard has concussion

lebron2386

Rookie
Reaction score
Scary scary hit to Savard. With hits like this it can be more than just his hockey career in jeopardy. Can't believe there was no penalty. If that was Crosby there def would have been a penalty. Colin Campbell is so inconsistant with suspensions depending on who does it and who gets hurt; it is really a joke. Well I just hope Marc is ok and can come back sooner than later.

- Boston.com says he has a concussion and was not taken to the hospital and instead will remain in a hotel tonight as a precaution. So that is some good news.

it was a brutal cheap shot and should come with a suspension imo. dirty bastard

Not his first concussion which is very bad news. I'm sure he'll be back at some point because he's an incredible competitor. I'd hate to see him wind up like Eric Lindros. Not the first time that that POS Matt Cooke went after someones head. Sooner not later the league needs to step up and make an example of someone.

WOW! no suspension for cooke. I knew Campbell would not have suspended him for too many games, but none! I really cant believe it, well actually I can because Campbell and the NHL is a joke. They suspend Avery (who I hate) for 6 games for talking about Phaneufs GF, but nothing for a late and avoidable head shot, from someone who has a history of it.

I can only hope that Cooke gets what is coming to him on Thursday.

The thing that bothers me the most about the ruling is I know it would be different if Thorton or Begin did it to Crosby or Malkin. This will come out wrong, but I almost wish the exact same hit would happen to a top tier plyer just to see the league be total hypocrits. I'm not saying I want anyone on the Bruins to take out Crosby or Malkin to retaliate. That makes no sense, they did nothing. Cooke and Cooke only needs to pay the price. I just want to see the NHL reactions.

I would send out my biggest thug whether it be thornton or lucic and have them just beat the piss out of cooke as soon as the puck drops and I wouldn't stop beating him until he couldn't get up anymore.....That was a blatant cheap shot and I would have beat his arse right when it happened but seeing as noone did I would definitely do it the next time they play...

Devils just played the Pens Friday. They've got a bunch of gutless ****ies, Cooke included. We've got a rematch with them on Wednesday, and I expect some carry over. I hope Lucic freakin annihilates him when you guys play him. That was a bullcrap that he wasn't suspended for that hit on Savard.

Devils just played the Pens Friday. They've got a bunch of gutless ****ies, Cooke included. We've got a rematch with them on Wednesday, and I expect some carry over. I hope Lucic freakin annihilates him when you guys play him. That was a bullcrap that he wasn't suspended for that hit on Savard.

Cooke is a ***** and I believe he will back down on thursday when someone is beating his ass.......I just can't believe the inconsistencies of the NHL....Ovechkin gets a game misconduct for pushing a guy from behind that slides into the boards but a blatant elbow/shoulder to the head of a player in a defenseless position doesn't even warrant a penalty.....really...really......It is a double wammy for the bruins as the NHL will be in attendance for the game on thursday watching for any retaliation......That tells me that they believe cooke's hit was dirty or they wouldn't be worrying about the retaliation....Also the word is the bruins are bringing up some guys from the minors for this game saying that its the end of the season and they want to get them some experience.....The only thing is the guys they are bringing up are some bad ass tough guys.....Lucic is going without the visor and chara will be back....This all spells bad news for the pens......Oh and I wouldn't go after cooke so much as i would get retaliation on that ***got crosby or malkin and knock them out....

Cooke is a ***** and I believe he will back down on thursday when someone is beating his ass.......I just can't believe the inconsistencies of the NHL....Ovechkin gets a game misconduct for pushing a guy from behind that slides into the boards but a blatant elbow/shoulder to the head of a player in a defenseless position doesn't even warrant a penalty.....really...really......It is a double wammy for the bruins as the NHL will be in attendance for the game on thursday watching for any retaliation......That tells me that they believe cooke's hit was dirty or they wouldn't be worrying about the retaliation....Also the word is the bruins are bringing up some guys from the minors for this game saying that its the end of the season and they want to get them some experience.....The only thing is the guys they are bringing up are some bad ass tough guys.....Lucic is going without the visor and chara will be back....This all spells bad news for the pens......Oh and I wouldn't go after cooke so much as i would get retaliation on that ***got crosby or malkin and knock them out....

We played them last night and Malkin didn't play. I'd have Lucic head hunting for Crosby. He is such a *****. He gets away with dirty play b/c of his superstar status. He's such a little ***** all he does is whine to the refs. I hope Lucic or Chara destroy him.

The Ovechkin thing was ridiculous. The only reason he was suspended was b.c Campbell broke his collar bone.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back