PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Saturday night Car Crash - Covid19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nunchucks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
20,000 dead and here we are, wondering what could have been done differently, who knew what, when,and what actions should we have taken?

The ‘Red Dawn’ Emails: 8 Key Exchanges on the Faltering Response to the Coronavirus

Experts inside and outside the government identified the threat early on and sought to raise alarms even as President Trump was moving slowly. Read some of what they had to say among themselves at critical moments.

Dr. Kadlec and other administration officials decided the next day to recommend to Mr. Trump that he publicly support the start of these mitigation efforts, such as school closings. But before they could discuss it with the president, who was returning from India, another official went public with a warning, sending the stock market down sharply and angering Mr. Trump. The meeting to brief him on the recommendation was canceled and it was three weeks before Mr. Trump would reluctantly come around to the need for mitigation.

New York Times coronavirus report outlines how Trump 'could have seen what was coming' - CNNPolitics
According to the report, Dr. Robert Kadlec, the top disaster response official at the Department of Health and Human Services, convened the White House coronavirus task force on February 21. During his meeting, the group conducted a mock-up exercise of the pandemic. It predicted 110 million infections, 7.7 million hospitalizations and 586,000 deaths. As a result, the group "concluded they would soon need to move toward aggressive social distancing, even at the risk of severe disruption to the nation's economy and the daily lives of millions of Americans."
However, it would take more than three weeks for Trump to enact social distancing guidelines on March 16.

The truth of what happened is laid bare and it is sickening.

Reactions: Ian
did the other covid threads die?

I sent my Ohio in-laws a link to a Washington Post article praising their governor for his proactive actions and the resultant low coronavirus infection rate for his state and the response I got was that they were tired of seeing President Trump trashed. I know for a fact that all they watch is Fox News, so there's that.

Did you get tired of screaming through your tears at the bad man in the White House and needed to come here to stir up some politics?

I sent my Ohio in-laws a link to a Washington Post article praising their governor for his proactive actions and the resultant low coronavirus infection rate for his state and the response I got was that they were tired of seeing President Trump trashed. I know for a fact that all they watch is Fox News, so there's that.
Yeah, it can be tough when "your guy" is the one who could have acted on information earlier and saved lives and the economy

Did you get tired of screaming through your tears at the bad man in the White House and needed to come here to stir up some politics?
Finally put the kids to bed after a long day of doing stuff around the house.

Click bait. I was thinking I was going to read a story on how the coronavirus caused a car crash. Lol.

Question: When would a President Biden have closed down international flights to China.... you know...... because of the whole xenophobia thing?

Answer: Has to be never....unless he is a hypocrite..............or sleepy

The bad orange man started ww3 too when he took out the all around schitbag Iranian and NY Times fav and austere "religious" scholar Soleimani...oh, wait....y'all membah that? That ww3 was something, wasn't it?

Question: When would a President Biden have closed down international flights to China.... you know...... because of the whole xenophobia thing?

Answer: Has to be never....unless he is a hypocrite..............or sleepy
Biden still thinks Trump is fear mongering. Biden is more senile now than Reagan was in 1988. It's crazy that he will likely be the President in 9 months. Democratic establishment has to be salivating, they'll be running the show.

Biden still thinks Trump is fear mongering. Biden is more senile now than Reagan was in 1988. It's crazy that he will likely be the President in 9 months. Democratic establishment has to be salivating, they'll be running the show.

Hopefully the secret service is up to the task of keeping him from wandering around the white house lawn in his underwear

Oh my! What a thread! Maybe some people have been confined too long? How lucky are we to have a president who would be willing to shut down traffic from counties that are dealing with an epidemic? I doubt any candidate who ran against Trump would have dared to do so.

Congratulations to the leaders of this country who -- despite politics - have very quickly slowed transmission of this virus.

Eternal damnation for the media which has taken EVERY opportunity to elevate politics over common sense.

Turn off your television, recycle your newspaper, and relax. We will get through this.

Yeah...we're not doing this tonight, please...we're barely into it and it's already going bad. I understand the desire to discuss it, but let's try and get through the weekend before we pick this back up again on Monday.

This thread (below) is just heart-breaking. For those who don't feel this is important (and there have been a couple in the daily threads), you won't until it hits close to home like it already has:

bad news - is it just me (OT - virus)

Best wishes to all of you and everyone you love...life is definitely too short :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing