PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Samuel: The Pats 'don't care' about players

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevedogc

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I guess for some people money cant buy happiness. Hey Asante, maybe the Pats care about players who dont have "get paid" tatooed on their arms. Its obvious what you care about. Maybe if you cared to pay a bit more attention and caught the ball the Pats would have been 19-0. Amazing, two years later and he still cant stop complaining. What a whiny little bi-atch!

Samuel: The Pats 'don't care' about players - Extra Points - Boston.com

Last edited:
It doesn't matter to me. They're commodities and as long as we get value for the commodities it's all good. Letting valuable commodities leave for nothing, that we can't do.

It doesn't matter to me. They're commodities and as long as we get value for the commodities it's all good. Letting valuable commodities leave for nothing, that we can't do.

they cared enough to agree to not franchise him after the first one. The Pats didnt need to do that. If he needs to mad at anyone, try being mad at his Union leadership who agreed to the CBA they are currently under.

"They hate their coach"

10char

I remember sitting down and watching him jump that route, leap into the air, letting the ball hit his hands and as it did I jumped up and begain celebrating the 19-0 season. Then one of my friends in the crowded room let me know that he dropped it.

Long story short, Asante Samuel can fornicate himself with a rusty ice pick.

I remember sitting down and watching him jump that route, leap into the air, letting the ball hit his hands and as it did I jumped up and begain celebrating the 19-0 season. Then one of my friends in the crowded room let me know that he dropped it.

Long story short, Asante Samuel can fornicate himself with a rusty ice pick.

I wonder how much he got paid for that muff and the blown coverage. That wanker can piss off.

You know what? I don't care if the Pats care about the players. Remember when Milloy and Sam Gash went on TV and trashed the Pats while they talked about how much of a family the Bills were while they went on their way to a 6-10 season?

Football is a business and football players are supposed to be tough. If they need to be coddled, go to a team like like Detriot where winning isn't the biggest priority.

The Patriots care about winning. So far, their way has worked pretty well with five AFC Championship appearances, four Super Bowl appearances, and three Super Bowl wins. They aren't out to cater to the players. Until that formula stops working, I don't care what the players think.

I don't blame any player who wants to go out and make the most money he can even if he is labeled greedy or a mercenary. I think many of us would do the same thing if given the chance. They just might not be playing for the Patriots.

The Pats need to rebuild a bit to get back to the elite status. But typically chasing the high priced free agents or even paying some of your players big bucks to keep them doesn't get you there (see the Steelers and Colts for more proof). If the Pats are not willing to pay top dollar to players, as long as they can get those second tier overachievers I think they can be fine. They have missed on some the last couple of years, but overall their track record is pretty good.

Last edited:
Ever since I heard about that tattoo...I haven't exactly given a crap what he thinks.

You're a freakin' NFL player. In only a couple years, you earn more than most people do in ten years or more. So see how little I care.

Ever since I heard about that tattoo...I haven't exactly given a crap what he thinks.

You're a freakin' NFL player. In only a couple years, you earn more than most people do in ten years or more. So see how little I care.

In fairness to Samuel, his tattoo says “Get Rich To This" which is the name of a song from a rap group called Goodie Mob. Samuel does say that he got the tattoo in college because he liked the song.

he is not lieing the pats don't pay there players. he should not open he's mouth he got he's pay day but he is right.

they only sign 30 something players cause they are cheap and hope they can get something out of them.

and any younger player they sign gets a one year prove it deal. and if they play good a nuff to get more then a 2 million doller contract. then they are pretty much gone.

samuel should not talk he has not been a pat for over two years now. but there is some truth to back up he's big mouth.

It's kind of weird because BB was always known for loving veterans and being Parcells like loyal to veterans.

Maybe in order to get BB loyalty, you have show BB a little loyalty.

he is not lieing the pats don't pay there players.

Well, that isn't really true. Both Seymour and Moss got paid very well and top dollar. The Pats have always paid the second and third tier guys very well and typically above market. They don't like paying the elite money like Samuel got though.

he is not lieing the pats don't pay there players. he should not open he's mouth he got he's pay day but he is right.

they only sign 30 something players cause they are cheap and hope they can get something out of them.

and any younger player they sign gets a one year prove it deal. and if they play good a nuff to get more then a 2 million doller contract. then they are pretty much gone.

samuel should not talk he has not been a pat for over two years now. but there is some truth to back up he's big mouth.

He's wrong.

You should look up the words "NFL salary cap"

It's kind of weird because BB was always known for loving veterans and being Parcells like loyal to veterans.

Maybe in order to get BB loyalty, you have show BB a little loyalty.

Well, there is a difference between Belichick the coach and Belichick the GM. Guys like Harrison, Bruschi, McGinest, etc. would have jumped off a cliff if Belichick asked, but Belichick as a GM makes cold, heartless decisions that he feels is best for his team. The guys who see the wrong side of the GM Belichick, tend to be less loyal than the others.

So you agree with Asante?:confused:

sure........can't have it both ways......

how many years have we heard about 'taking one for the team' or 'hometown discount' ? in other words, NOT PAYING YOUR PLAYERS!!!!

works great when the trophies are lining up....

in all actuality, the pay just as much as anyone else given the league has a har cap and they are always up against it.......so yeah, they pay their players

I doubt the pats are much different from any other team in terms of making value decisions.

but you can go down the line......seymour,samuel,branch.......there was a day where the pats let players go because they were either fine without them, or they had nothing left......these days, they're either losing or unloading their best players.....of course brady is safe tho

it will be interesting to see how the pats stock the roster on the defensive side of the ball....they wonm't spend $$ on their own....they'll have to get someone

reiss always points out the salaries of the pats PS players as anexample that the pats spread the wealth.quite a few of them get more money by staying in NE PS squad than elsewhere so they may not break the bank on anyone but spread the wealth.

The only problem with his statement is thinking that the Eagles or any other team in the NFL does "care" in the way he is using the word.

The only problem with his statement is thinking that the Eagles or any other team in the NFL does "care" in the way he is using the word.

well..... the colts care.......for about 5 guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back