PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sammy Watkins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Argument for no.

He is a good player who is also overpaid, and some team will overpay for him again. It won't be the Patriots.

NO

Andelmandola can provided the same numbers for less coin.

He's under contract for 2020, and I've not heard more than that, beyond him acknowledging that the Chiefs might ask him to take a pay cut. What am I missing?

I'm beginning to hate the WR position. :mad:

From everything I've seen he'll be a more expensive lesser version of Sanu.

The Chiefs have to pay Chris Jones (& others). Sammy Watkins has a 21 million cap hit with 14 million in cap space. The expecation is he'll be released.

He's an interesting name for sure. He's still young & has been productive despite often being a injured. When he's on his game he's a high end WR2 as shown in the AFC Title & SB.

It's worth noting that in all three matchups vs. Mahomes BB has put Gilmore on him. I think he'd be a good signing on a 1 year prove it deal as the upside is there. Not sure what his market will be though.

Sanu was obviously hurt and will be better next year...right? Please tell me that’s right.

He can double his efficiency (yards per target) by being an average NFL receiver, and he can improve on it by remaining terrible (but not the severe, outlier level of terrible he was last year.) Do you feel better or worse about your question now?

Any GM even thinking about paying actual money for Watkins is a doofus. Look at his career. This past Sunday was honestly the first time I can ever recall that he actually showed up when needed. There's nothing about that guy that makes me even remotely interested unless it's at WR4 prices.

NO

Andelmandola can provided the same numbers for less coin.

is that true?
Watkins (if he can learn our offense) is a burner. You don’t think he will be a 1000yf receiver on this team?

Any GM even thinking about paying actual money for Watkins is a doofus. Look at his career. This past Sunday was honestly the first time I can ever recall that he actually showed up when needed. There's nothing about that guy that makes me even remotely interested unless it's at WR4 prices.

He is elite at being overvalued as ****.

is that true?
Watkins (if he can learn our offense) is a burner. You don’t think he will be a 1000yf receiver on this team?
He's softer than pudding.

is that true?

He's a burner that disappears during games and sometimes during weeks in the season. WR3 tops.

I'd take Amendola over Watkins every time even if the money was the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes