PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

sam cassell signs with the celtics

patriotspride

Banned
Reaction score
i think this is a huge move. cassell could be the difference maker in the playoffs when it becomes a half court game. hes excellent at running a half court offense and backing down and posting up the opposing guard.

It's a pretty phenomenal situation actually. Rondo will still get the majority of the minutes and start, and the Cassell will be there to back him up and maybe even finish out some playoff games which he's usually great in. He doesn't have to carry anything or play too much so injuries shouldn't be an issue. I for one, always felt that if the Celts had a glaring weak spot this year, it's Eddie House. I'm not a fan of his at all.

Wow great news. This totally went under the radar for me, what with the Randy Moss signing. But Cassell could be a key piece for the Celtics down the stretch.

Cassell is a great addition to this team, may be the piece of the puzzle that takes us to a Championship win!

He is a great addition...I was hoping to see him play tomorrow against the Pistons because I HAVE TICKETS TO THE GAME!!!!

Wow great news. This totally went under the radar for me, what with the Randy Moss signing. But Cassell could be a key piece for the Celtics down the stretch.

Having PJ Brown on the roster will not hurt either.

pollard will most likely not play again this year. he had his ankle injury checked and reports are its worse. at least that's what mike and Tommy were saying during the broadcast of the piston game.

The other benefit of signing of Cassell is that his presence and his teaching ability help with the development of Rondo.

I saw an interview with Cassell by John Thompson and Sam is saying all the right things...what a great addition to the team.

I love Rondo but take a look at the difference in he and Cassell's FT shooting percentage. Sam has got to be in there at the end of close games.

I love Rondo but take a look at the difference in he and Cassell's FT shooting percentage. Sam has got to be in there at the end of close games.

I'm disagreeing on this one. I want defense out there at the end and Rondo is becoming one of the best in the league. I think he's close to the league lead in steals, not to mention a great rebounder. If the opposing team starts to trap, then I'd like to have Cassell in there, but I really don't care as much about shooting % as I do with everything else Rhondo does.

He's a great addition and could really make a huge difference in the playoffs.. He can also help Rondo to improve his game.. Which makes the Celtics a very scary team.

This worked out pretty well last night didn't it.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back