PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Saints trade RB Peterson to Cardinals

Looks like the DJ Foster solution has been a failure; he hasn't been active for any of their games. Smells like desperation for Arizona, although i assume the condiditonal pick is of very low value.

Peterson was unhappy with his amount of carries so I guess they decided to toss him.

So the news from yesterday that Pats are in trade talks with Arizona is false. It was NO. :cool:
btw, can we still get Fitzgerald ? :D

So the news from yesterday that Pats are in trade talks with Arizona is false. It was NO. :cool:
btw, can we still get Fitzgerald ? :D

I thought the Cardinals were supposed to be trading with us. :(:(

Obviously with their new Adrian Peterson centric offense the Cardinals will have no further need for Fitzgerald's services :cool:

Makes sense....

Peterson, regardless of his level of play, is not a good fit for a team that views the running game as a necessary evil.

I suppose that Bidwell/Keim/Arians must maintain appearances and pretend that they're contenders, but this move really doesn't make the Cardinals stronger contenders today than they were (not) yesterday. It just makes them even older than they already were.

i think we were def in talks w/ Arizona about most likely Dion then, since they were looking for a RB...

just so happens we wanted more, and they settled for Peterson instead is the way im reading how this played out

A washed-up back traded to a washed-up team. Nothing to see here. Boy have the Cards looked BAD.

Makes sense....

Peterson, regardless of his level of play, is not a good fit for a team that views the running game as a necessary evil.

Arizona has a terrible run blocking line, bottom 5. They are also the most pass happy team in general (71%) throwing from behind (76%) and in the red zone (76%)

It's a bad fit.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back