PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sad News: Mosi Tatupu, dead at 54

Status
Not open for further replies.
A man with class and dignity

A man who played hard and aggressive and never let those lean losing years of the Pats ruin his bust a move style

A man that was not only great to watch but also a fun guy to have on this team and was sometimes one of the few highlights of some of those down year seasons.

I would hope that the team would pay a true tribute to a man who was a fan favorite for many years by doning the number '30' on the helmet in the 2010 season

A man who also has had a son who is an outstanding athlete (Lofa) and who is as much dedicated to his team right now and truly has the same heart and desire of his dad

Mosi,We already miss you,May god find a nice spot for you up there

RIP #30 :(

Last edited:
A man with class and dignity

A man who played hard and aggressive and never let those lean losing years of the Pats ruin his bust a move style

A man that was not only great to watch but also a fun guy to have on this team and was sometimes one of the few highlights of some of those down year seasons.

I would hope that the team would pay a true tribute to a man who was a fan favorite for many years by doning the number '30' on the helmet in the 2010 season

A man who also has had a son who is an outstanding athlete (Lofa) and who is as much dedicated to his team right now and truly has the same heart and desire of his dad

Mosi,We already miss you,May god find a nice spot for you up there

RIP #30 :(

I couldn't say anything better. That pretty well sums him up.

These guys dying in their 50s is always a gut punch.

I feel right now like I did when Joe Strummer died.

Mosi was one of my favorites.

Sad feeling with this news. Like most others, memories of the old Foxboro stadium and the "Mosi's Mooses" are two images that come to mind. Great post PFinPA. I would see Mosi numerous times during the season, mostly in Ordway/Smerlas tent before and after games at the razor. He was always great to talk to and was gracious with his time w/all fans. His framed and autographed photo has proudly been displayed in my office since Jan 2004, he signed it before AFC Championship game vs Colts.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. RIP Mosi.

Last edited:
This card is one of the reasons, I started liking the Patriots as a kid growing up in Los Angeles. :(

179-MosiTatupu.jpg

Rest in peace, Mosi.

He was before my time, for the most part, but I have some vague (and fond) memories from the end of his career here with the Pats. Always a shame to see someone die that young.

I do not know if the statistics or facts support my memory but I will always remember Mosi as a great 3rd down and 1 back during a few seasons in 1980s. It seemed whenever the Patriots need a yard, Mosi was the man to convert it. He was a truly one of the Patriots favorites because he played hard every game even though he was not a super talent.

Last edited:
I do not know if the statistics or facts support my memory but I will always remember Mosi as a great 3rd down and 1 back during a few seasons in 1980s. It seemed whenever the Patriots need a yard, Mosi was the man to convert it. He was a truly one of the Patriots favorites because he played hard every game even though he was not a super talent.

Tatupu was to us back then what Faulk is to us now.....Both guys,not Elite players but both guys you could always count on to do his best to move the chains when called upon in critical situations.

Last edited:
When Lofa's contract is up in Seattle,I would love to have him join this team

Last edited:
My condolences to his family for one taken so young.

When Lofa's contract is up,I would love to have him join this team

The kid has had a brutal year. Horrible team. Goes on IR and now this.

Not sure he has the size to play ILB in this system but that's a convo for another thread.

By all accounts, the kid is a class-act. Just like his old man.

Man, this is terrible news. Mosi was always my favorite player growing up. The original Kevin Faulk.

RIP Mosi and my deepest sympathies to his family.

very very sad

riposa in pace Mosi

condolences to the family

When Lofa's contract is up in Seattle,I would love to have him join this team

That was his dream. He mentioned that he would love to see his son play in a Patriots Uniform many times to me. Sure would be a fitting tribute to his dad. Mosi adored his son and was so proud of him.

1985 AFC Championship against Miami.....Tatupu scores , makes the score 31-14 we are going to the Super Bowl !!!!!!!!!!!!!! RIP #30 Thanks for the memories

One of my favourite all-time Patriot players.Far too soon....R.I.P....

with Branch wanting to come back why not also bring back Wiggins? We need a good TE!

Wow! How sad to go so young. Mosi was what it was all about, having fun playing ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes