PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Running game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a big fan of Sony. But you are exaggerating when you absolve Sony of any responsibility in the problems with the running game. Sony doesn’t have even an average ability to make tacklers miss. He is not as effective as Burkhead, who is not reminding us of Dion. I think the running game and Sony will improve. It can’t get any worse.

I put about 95% of that on the line. It's tough to break tackles when two guys are meeting you behind the LOS.

I saw a play last week where it looked like a hole quickly opened up in front of Sony, but he instead kept stretching to the outside where the play was (presumably) designed.

Other than that, I don't think Burkhead would have gotten a single yard that Sony failed to get.

Last edited:
Mostly Mason. Cannon I can almost let slide since he's gutting through an injury, but Mason has had the biggest regression from one year to the next, that I can remember.

He has been the biggest disappointment by far. Looks like a JAG out there.

Do you guys have a handful of specific plays in mind with this "regression" or "JAG" talk ?

All I can recall is him getting beat badly on two plays in the first 3 games but apart from that nothing where you can clearly blame him over anyone else. Hell even on that outside zone play where a DT ran straight past Mason nobody actually know if it was him or Karras screwing up.

Can someone actually point out some of those plays that make him look like a JAG ?

Other than that, I don't think Burkhead would have gotten a single yard that Sony failed to get.

Definitely not out of the same formation. Isn't Burkhead getting mostly shotgun runs ?

Definitely not out of the same formation. Isn't Burkhead getting mostly shotgun runs ?

I don't know if it's "mostly" but it's more than Sony and it is against lighter packages.

sq: is michel too nice to be a good/great rb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down