PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Moss to Vikings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard on the DA show now, that someone said Moss showed up ticked today, and Belichick and him had words.. I think there is no turning back now , but its a throwaway this season imo... But I guess the more your hearing Moss is starting to be a cancer , get something for him now and move on i guess is the best move for them, but for us fans it sucks...
pats have till thursday off.

Your either part of the problem or part of the solution. Moss is heading toward the problem category.

Overreaction FTW!

You're telling me a team of Welker, Hernandez, Gronk, Tate, Edelman, Price, BJGE/Woodhead running and Brady throwing the ball would be like 06.....

the problem is that brady likes veteran receivers who know the system. none of those guys except welker are seasoned receivers.

if this trade happens our offense will go down for sure..anyone who thinks this will improve our team based on last nite is not facing the reality....not to mention how this this will affect brady like it did when branch was traded.

Agreed.

Davis did not shut Moss down yesterday. Moss was open a lot.

Those double teams will then move to Welker, who they'll beat the crap out of.

Enjoy your contract Tommy. Call it hazard pay.

Your either part of the problem or part of the solution. Moss is heading toward the problem category.
And that is based on .... ?

I heard on the DA show now, that someone said Moss showed up ticked today, and Belichick and him had words.. I think there is no turning back now , but its a throwaway this season imo... But I guess the more your hearing Moss is starting to be a cancer , get something for him now and move on i guess is the best move for them, but for us fans it sucks...

Isn't Tuesdays the players day off?

pats have till thursday off.

Tyler Durden is correct. That rumor is an utter crock. BB gave everyone two days off last night as a reward for a great game yesterday. They come back Thursday.

Last edited:

Yup and there is no 'I" in team.

Just an idle thought here, what is Ochocinco's current contract situation? I was listening to some station on Sirius Sunday, and the announcers were mentioning something about "parking Ochocinco somewhere else"

I have no idea what they meant because I only caught the tail end of the conversation and didn't even really think about it.......until now

Like I said, it's just an idle thought and yes,I already have my flame suit on.

I'd love Ochocinco, but hes getting up there in age too and his quickness is what keeps him good. And I wonder how long he can keep it. His numbers should be much better, but Carson Palmer is just failing recently.

this trade (if its happening) is not to "see what the vikings value him at" because as we all know, the patriots set their own values on players.

Next, The compensation will be AT LEAST a 2nd Rounder or a player equivalent.

Here is why: They will likely get a 3rd rounder as a compensatory pick for him anyways...Vikes will finish in top half of the standings and therefore we arent trading randy moss to move from end of 3rd round to wherever the vikes pick in the 3rd round

Soooo that leaves a 2nd rounder....or first.. What do the pats value a 2nd rounder as?

Well, lets start at Vrabel and Cassel - whatever they were valued as to the organization - I would say we get something along that value for moss.

I do not think the vikes give up a 1st rounder - perhaps 2 2nds?

I hope that the reports are incorrect, but mostly because Simmons would look foolish. "Duhh I accidentally mass-tweeted it." Yeh, ok buddy.

He simply retweeted Glazer's tweet.

I am starting to think more and more that this is something that started as a joke between two people that went out of control

yeah...picked up on that immediately too....this is getting to be a Mel Brooks movie

No... it's more like a venue for all the Moss and Patriots haters to get on board. They're pissed off because their doom & gloom prognostications went out the window with the win over Miami, so are jumping on this to assuage their hurt feelings.

Doesnt mean that all players take the day off. The Pats are actually officially off until Thursday

Agreed, but seeing that they probably didn't arrive back in Foxboro till early in the AM, it just seemed..a stretch?

I will serious ***** slap Belichick if he sends our #1 WR packing for effectively peanuts. There's no one on that team worth trading for, except maybe Harvin. Even Allen is overrated compared to the better DEs in the league.

Greenway, Edwards .............. they have other stuff we can use (Harvin, Rice). That said, we don't need another 3rd pick.

Wow. A complete rebuild underway?

If Moss is traded...

I am starting to think more and more that this is something that started as a joke between two people that went out of control

I agree. I simply cannot see this happening.

if this trade happens our offense will go down for sure..anyone who thinks this will improve our team based on last nite is not facing the reality....not to mention how this this will affect brady like it did when branch was traded.
From an on field production standpoint, you're right but BB would not dream of sending Moss somewhere else unless Moss has become a locker room issue.

Vikings have already shown their hands by trading away for a pick this morning which opened up a roster spot for them.

So Pats have the momentum on this one.

good pickup....they traded DE Mitchell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes