PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor has it, according to some guy on facebook...

RayClay

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Is that vague and unsubstantiated enough? The guy posted in one of a zillion Pats support groups and I've got his page, but can't find the post again [I hate facebook].

So here goes, nothing but "rumor says" from some guy.
Rumor...Robert Kraft is working with the owners to remove Goodell and Kraft will replace him as commissioner. Jonathan Kraft takes over Patriots.

Like i say, nothing to this but, he did just resign from CBS parent company. He's too old to be commissioner long, more of a renovation and mop up job for a new hire.

Interesting idea, at least. He's been doing the job for Dodo for years anyway.

Yeah. Sounds like BS. Dont think that will happen .

Bud Selig took over once Fay Vincent got chased out of town and had his daughter run things for the Brewers.

It has happened but with the animosity vs the Pats in the league office I don't see it.

Wow. Then Kraft really would run the NFL. All the haters would be saying "See! See! It's like I've been saying! Now, it's just official."

Ridiculous to even contemplate. Even the owners who are mad at Goodell for dragging the NFL's reputation through the dirt in court by creating the conditions that allowed Brady to sue them will be even more angry with Brady for suing them in the first place, and Kraft has thrown public support behind Brady's decision to sue, so if anything the owners are probably galvanized against Kraft right now. They're not going to oust Goodell out any time soon, but even if they did, they would probably either re-appoint Tagliabue as an interim commissioner or find a nice neutral, low-risk, uncontroversial former lawyer who had nothing to do with the ballghazi mess as Goodell's successor.

Forgive my ignorance.. but has the Commissioner ever been an "ex" owner -let alone an ex-owner whose son still owns the team?

I've no doubt that a betrayed Kraft is now working to remove a backstabbing Goodell, but I can't see him working to become Commissioner.

Even if it were an owner, it wouldn't be Kraft, because of all the antagonism between him and league personnel right now.

Most likely it would be a Rooney or a Mara.

wat

how is an owner gonna be commish?
he'd just take everybody's picks and give them to the pats

there is no way. ZERO POINT ZERO PERCENT that an owner of a team will be becoming the comissioner, and especially not if its kraft.

a lot of football fans still think the patriots cheated, and if you put kraft as the head of the nfl office it will result in nothing but "the patriots bought superbowls, this is ********" etc etc etc.

What i could see however is Kraft pulling a Paladine on Goodell's Takhisis ass.

For those of you who didn't get that reference, what was it like having girlfriends in highschool? was it awesome? i bet it was awesome.

Bill Polian?
Bill Parcells
Bill Cowher
Jimmy Johnson
Brett Favre lol
Ray Lewis
Seriously thought Parcells Cowher and Polian make some sense.
I'd rather have Tags back then

Forgive my ignorance.. but has the Commissioner ever been an "ex" owner -let alone an ex-owner whose son still owns the team?
Steelers co-owner Bert Bell sold his share to Rooney when he became the commissioner in 1946. A number of GMs have been considered candidates for the job as well. So that aspect isn't completely unheard of.

there is no way. ZERO POINT ZERO PERCENT that an owner of a team will be becoming the comissioner, and especially not if its kraft.

a lot of football fans still think the patriots cheated, and if you put kraft as the head of the nfl office it will result in nothing but "the patriots bought superbowls, this is ********" etc etc etc.

What i could see however is Kraft pulling a Paladine on Goodell's Takhisis ass.

For those of you who didn't get that reference, what was it like having girlfriends in highschool? was it awesome? i bet it was awesome.
I was a pretty huge nerd in high school but I don't get this reference at all. Please enlighten me!

I was a pretty huge nerd in high school but I don't get this reference at all. Please enlighten me!

it refers to the book series dragonlance. I don't want to spoil it however. just know that it would be awesome.

I'm guessing Paladine is a misspelled Palatine, as in Emperor Palatine. I don't get the rest.

Bud Selig took over once Fay Vincent got chased out of town and had his daughter run things for the Brewers.

It has happened but with the animosity vs the Pats in the league office I don't see it.

What do they love most, though? Football? Ha. Their wives? lol Their kids, probably a lot, but the number one answer is...

MONEY. Who stopped the lockout and made any agreement with the players where we all believe they got suckered? It wasn't Goodell. In fact, he flubbed it so bad he had to beg Kraft to leave his dying wife to mop up his mess.

Media contracts? Does anyone who has witnessed his performance in this case alone believe he could really negotiate anything? He is neither a lawyer nor a businessman. He is a gofer, backstabber and ass kisser, all useful skills in the corporate world, but you still need someone competent and skilled to do the work.

Who's he going to use in place of Kraft, drug addict Irsay? - Dopey son of privilege Woody Johnson? Let's face it, Goodell's biggest supporters are "thanks dad" incompetents living off inheritances who couldn't compete in the real or football world. Kraft as interim commissioner has a lot of appeal when your current commissioner is flushing the golden goose down the toilet.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back